Author Topic: Can I pay my men while I'm at a tournament?  (Read 1859 times)

pcw27

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
Can I pay my men while I'm at a tournament?
« Topic Start: March 09, 2014, 08:24:59 AM »
Is the tournament system different? I haven't participated in on in forever but I could have sworn you used to just travel their yourself and could pay your men. I had to drop out of the tournament right after joining because I realized my unit would desert if I took them with me. That doesn't make a whole lot of sense since the unit seems to be coming with me.

Eirikr

Re: Can I pay my men while I'm at a tournament?
« Reply #1: March 09, 2014, 09:08:23 AM »
The unit stays where it is and operates as normal; you go to the tournament. Because of this, you cannot pay your men while there. You should always pay right before going to a tourney to make sure your unit is fine.

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #2: March 09, 2014, 03:11:47 PM »
You cannot even auto-pay your men while at the tournament. If you will be away 9 days, you really need to remember to pay them beforehand, and probably be in the capital, or their morale will definitely tank, and there's a good chance they'll desert.
Timothy Collett

"The only thing you can't trade for your heart's desire...is your heart." "You are what you do.  Choose again, and change." "One of these days, someone's gonna plug you, and you're going to die saying, 'What did I say? What did I say?'"  ~ Miles Naismith Vorkosigan

Zakilevo

« Reply #3: March 10, 2014, 08:22:31 AM »
I really hope we get an option to pay our men at a tournament one day.

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #4: March 10, 2014, 05:28:25 PM »
I really hope we get an option to pay our men at a tournament one day.

Yea, I never really understood this. All it does it limit participation. With tournaments hardly reaching a fraction of the number of people they used to, limiting participation doesn't seem like something that should be aimed at.
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron