Author Topic: Rebalance Feedback  (Read 28109 times)

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
Re: Rebalance Feedback
« Reply #90: March 17, 2014, 02:24:32 AM »
I believe that this is false. If you are a lord of a rural/woodsland/mountain/badlands region, I'm pretty sure you can still be made duke.

You can be named Duke of an existing Duchy; however, only Margraves can be named Dukes of a new Duchy.
Timothy Collett

"The only thing you can't trade for your heart's desire...is your heart." "You are what you do.  Choose again, and change." "One of these days, someone's gonna plug you, and you're going to die saying, 'What did I say? What did I say?'"  ~ Miles Naismith Vorkosigan

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #91: March 17, 2014, 02:31:39 AM »
I believe that this is false. If you are a lord of a rural/woodsland/mountain/badlands region, I'm pretty sure you can still be made duke.

You can be named Duke of an existing Duchy; however, only Margraves can be named Dukes of a new Duchy.

That's what I meant.

Vacant dukeships are rather rare, and rulers often jump on the opportunity to name themselves dukes when the opportunity arises, due to the fact that 1) they can (wasn't always the case) and 2) it's the only way for them to be able to be lords. New dukes often result from the creation of new duchies, which as stated above, can only be made in cities or townslands.
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

vonGenf

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #92: March 17, 2014, 02:51:44 PM »
I feel pretty cool ruling directly over two regions.  8)

And it's a good precedent. *whistles*

As far as I can tell, Dunbor is only Lord of Crim. Rafferty is without a Lord. What exactly were you referring to?
After all it's a roleplaying game.