Author Topic: Rebalance Feedback  (Read 28142 times)

Velax

• Honourable King
  • House de Vere
    • View Profile
Re: Rebalance Feedback
« Reply #45: January 04, 2014, 12:58:11 AM »
Seasonal variation has nothing to do with it. The change happened either at the beginning of Autumn, when lots of food should be produced, or the end of Summer when the "normal" amount of food should be produced.

I'm also not sure which FEI you play on, but the north has always had the majority of the poorly producing regions. If we take Ahael as the arbitrary mid-point of the island, the north has nine of the lowest 10 food-producing regions. Nine of the lowest 10 gold-producing regions as well. If you want to expand that to the lowest 20, the north has 16 of the lowest gold and 16 of the lowest food-producing regions. 24 of the lowest 30 gold producing regions and 21 of the 30 lowest food producing regions. So, please. I don't think you'll win that particular argument.

^ban^

• BM Dev Team
  • Mighty Duke
  • Le Genie
    • View Profile
« Reply #46: January 04, 2014, 01:23:42 AM »
Seasonal variation has nothing to do with it. The change happened either at the beginning of Autumn, when lots of food should be produced, or the end of Summer when the "normal" amount of food should be produced.

Autumn started two days ago on FEI, and multiple weather areas are experiencing poor weather right now. (As an aside, the worst time to have poor weather is Autumn)

The 25% surplus is targeted across all seasons and ignores weather.
Born in Day they knew the Light; Rulers, prophets, servants, and warriors.
Life in Night that they walk; Gods, heretics, thieves, and murderers.
The Stefanovics live.

Velax

• Honourable King
  • House de Vere
    • View Profile
« Reply #47: January 04, 2014, 02:56:44 AM »
So it was Summer then. When food production should be normal.

And what was the weather like 9 days ago when the changes came in?

Foxglove

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #48: January 04, 2014, 03:40:18 AM »
So, please. I don't think you'll win that particular argument.

There is no argument. We're just collectively trying to figure out if there's a broad problem with the island.

the north has always had the majority of the poorly producing regions. If we take Ahael as the arbitrary mid-point of the island, the north has nine of the lowest 10 food-producing regions. Nine of the lowest 10 gold-producing regions as well. If you want to expand that to the lowest 20, the north has 16 of the lowest gold and 16 of the lowest food-producing regions. 24 of the lowest 30 gold producing regions and 21 of the 30 lowest food producing regions.

I'm not contesting your claims, but the short period covered by the downward spike is too little to determine what's actually happening. Most of the realms appeared to be running large overall (i.e. realm-wide) food surpluses pre-rebalance. From the broad stats given in the graph, it's impossible to break down what's happening on a region-by-region basis so soon. The Food Surplus or Deficit stats are also a bit of a deceptive indicator. Take Zonasa as an example. The stats showed them to have had a surplus of about 100, but that presumably came in via trading rather than the actual production from their one rural region. The Production stats tell a different tale: pre-rebalance 380, compared with post-rebalance 258. Or Cathay's 'pre' of 1,539, to their 'post' of 1,387. Sorraine: 'pre' 712, to 'post' of 583. Those aren't huge drops in food production.  The downward incline in the Production stats is much less dramatic, and even appears to have levelled out over the last couple of days. But it's such a short space of time that it's difficult to say.

Velax

• Honourable King
  • House de Vere
    • View Profile
« Reply #49: January 04, 2014, 05:43:44 AM »
Levels of production mean nothing when we're talking about whether not or there's a 25% surplus. Before this, only three realms had a 25% or higher surplus in the last three months  - all small realms, making up just 20% of the continent combined. Every other realm had well under 25% surplus, according to the stats. If 80% of the island had well under 25%, chances are the whole island had an average of under 25%. We needed an increase in food to get to that, not a drop. But every realm did drop - aside from Kindara, of course, who managed to get away with the by far smallest drop in surplus and the by far largest increase in gold.

Given that we needed an increase in food to get a 25% surplus, it seems unlikely that weather alone has turned our needed increase into a huge drop.

^ban^

• BM Dev Team
  • Mighty Duke
  • Le Genie
    • View Profile
« Reply #50: January 04, 2014, 04:10:00 PM »
Given that we needed an increase in food to get a 25% surplus, it seems unlikely that weather alone has turned our needed increase into a huge drop.

Only Dwilight had food increased.
Born in Day they knew the Light; Rulers, prophets, servants, and warriors.
Life in Night that they walk; Gods, heretics, thieves, and murderers.
The Stefanovics live.

Lorgan

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #51: January 04, 2014, 04:38:03 PM »
Only Dwilight had food increased.

The stats don't show it though.

Penchant

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #52: January 04, 2014, 06:28:52 PM »
The stats don't show it though.
Bring numbers of their production values summed and then you can talk, the picture is meaningless when talking about whether or not the production values result in a 25% surplus.
“The true soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but because he loves what is behind him.”
― G.K. Chesterton

Blue Star

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #53: January 04, 2014, 08:10:26 PM »
... its like nothing changed really in my perspective at least saw some quotes though they were worth the read. ;D
I think like a sinner. Curse like a sailor. Smile like a saint. :)

Lorgan

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #54: January 04, 2014, 09:06:00 PM »
Bring numbers of their production values summed and then you can talk, the picture is meaningless when talking about whether or not the production values result in a 25% surplus.

Or I can just look at the stacked statistics for food production on Dwilight and see how they drop in stead of rise on the day of the rebalance and then come here to point that out. Even if there's bad harvests and whatnot, it should still have risen that day. Unless only rogue and Zuma saw their production rise, which isn't very likely.
Now before you say anything else, go look up all the numbers and prove me wrong.

Ohzen

• Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #55: January 06, 2014, 07:36:06 AM »
Looks like some people who did the rebalancing must hate Corsanctum on Dwilight. The glorious city of Mimer has almost been reduced to smithereens thanks to that beggar and his glowing whore... destroying holy cities in the process of "rebalancing" isnt too cool.

Daimall

• Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #56: January 06, 2014, 08:45:05 AM »
They weren't rebalancing in mind of realms. It just the continent overall in general.

Bhranthan

• Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #57: January 06, 2014, 10:09:10 AM »
Looks like some people who did the rebalancing must hate Corsanctum on Dwilight.

Can you either please read the thread before replying? or other wise remain respectful towards the devs who voluntarily work for our game?
And if you disagree, please reply constructively.
Its in my opinion very hard to form a good opinion on the recent changes (yet), due to lack of information, that's why i refrain from it and kindly ask for more information.
Perhaps good advise for you.

What your doing now is senselessly bugging them with nonsense, it does not help them improve their work or motivate them to do more work for all of us.
« Last Edit: January 06, 2014, 10:11:18 AM by Bhranthan »
Brutus the Brute - Kleptes the Thief - Atreus the Brave - Alucina the Lucid

Ohzen

• Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #58: January 06, 2014, 06:08:00 PM »
Stop beeing such a wimp Bhranthan... If its really so hard to read between the lines for someone whos !@#$ting rainbows I will try to be a little bit less rude.

I just wanted to point out that some of the changes in Corsanctum have been rather brutal. And hey, I thought this is the place to tell someone.

I love you DEVs and fully understand how tough it must be from times to times trying to improve this awesome game. You doing a great work! Keep on rocking...

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #59: January 06, 2014, 08:12:34 PM »
Moderator note: I know that many of us are very passionate about this game, and our realms. Even so, please let's try and keep things civil on all sides.

Rebalancing was done via formulas which calculated new stats based on regional characteristics. They were *not* arbitrarily assigned by hand, nor were changes made based on realm borders. The same equations were applied to *all* regions equally.
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.