Author Topic: Tournament Attendance  (Read 20494 times)

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
Re: Tournament Attendance
« Topic Start: January 11, 2014, 03:06:44 AM »
If it is forbidden in this game to offer rewards than I really dont know who the !@#$ understood something wrong!

Quote from: Tom
How should someone in a position of power treat these rights? By acknowledging and moving on. Almost all long-winded texts are just sophisticated attempts to circumvent them. The basic rule is: Just shut up and stay 100 feet away from any and all inalienable rights, no matter how well-meaning you are.

From the Inalienable Rights wiki page.

Don't suggest people not go to tournaments. Don't complain about people going to tournaments.

I'm not 100% sure about offering money for not going to tournaments; I'm inclined to say if it's framed as a reward for "being good" and staying home from the tournament, that's Bad, but if it's framed as being money for those who will be here, and thus be doing stuff that requires money, that's OK.
Timothy Collett

"The only thing you can't trade for your heart's desire...is your heart." "You are what you do.  Choose again, and change." "One of these days, someone's gonna plug you, and you're going to die saying, 'What did I say? What did I say?'"  ~ Miles Naismith Vorkosigan