Author Topic: Phantaria  (Read 11759 times)

Noble family

• Freeman
    • View Profile
Re: Phantaria
« Reply #30: March 02, 2014, 05:42:29 AM »
It also made him get two positions on the continent simultaneously, I believe. Or was that something later?

I don't recall infils being eligible for government positions, at least in the days.

Omg I miss the days when infiltrators were invisible.  I've always disagreed with the logic that was used to justify that change.

Perth

• Honourable King
  • Current Character: Kemen
    • View Profile
« Reply #31: March 05, 2014, 12:23:15 AM »
Oh, and yeah, phantaria is one for the history books.

Noooooooo!  :'(
"A tale is but half told when only one person tells it." - The Saga of Grettir the Strong
- Current: Kemen (D'hara) - Past: Kerwin (Eston), Kale (Phantaria, Terran, Melodia)

Vita`

• BM Dev Team
  • Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #32: March 05, 2014, 09:58:46 AM »
Well, when a small realm sits around doing nothing out of fear of being crushed...people get bored and leave. One must keep a realm actively doing *something* for it to survive.

Penchant

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #33: March 06, 2014, 07:36:20 AM »
Well, when a small realm sits around doing nothing out of fear of being crushed...people get bored and leave. One must keep a realm actively doing *something* for it to survive.
Its not like there was a war that it's allies were in with Phantaria having about no chance of being attacked that it could have joined....wait a second, there was.   :P

Yeah not trying to be a jerk to Phantarian leadership but I don't get why they didn't help D'hara in war. It made sense IC and OOC as it gave them something to do and they were helping their allies.
“The true soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but because he loves what is behind him.”
― G.K. Chesterton

Stabbity

• Marketing
  • Mighty Duke
  • Formerly the Himoura Family. Currently ?????????
    • View Profile
« Reply #34: March 06, 2014, 10:09:01 AM »
Its not like there was a war that it's allies were in with Phantaria having about no chance of being attacked that it could have joined....wait a second, there was.   :P

Yeah not trying to be a jerk to Phantarian leadership but I don't get why they didn't help D'hara in war. It made sense IC and OOC as it gave them something to do and they were helping their allies.

There was that whole D'hara trying to steal regions that Phantaria had obvious claim to, and Pierre lying about Phantaria giving their blessing to it. I wouldn't have helped D'hara in Phantaria's shoes.
Life is a dance, it is only fitting that death sing the tune.

Vita`

• BM Dev Team
  • Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #35: March 06, 2014, 04:30:30 PM »
Indeed - on an OOC level, there was plenty of reason for Phantaria to war for or against D'hara. Not trying to sidetrack into another us vs them discussion, just pointing out that they had at least three to four choices for war off the top of my head with a reasonably low risk for Phantaria. Personally, Luria invested a lot of effort into Phantaria from multiple angles. The only response was 'i dunno, it seems risky' or failing that, silence. And Seoras himself had loverly counter-arguments for those 'risks'. Then when Phantaria finally started to wake up, it was apparently too late.

I think this is something more realms need to learn from as they die from apathy - start a war; its worth the risk and the point of playing the game in the first place. If you die in war, it beats sitting around reading game mechanic reports where you were slowly dying anyway from playing it safe/boring players away from the realm (or worse, the game).