Author Topic: A Kingdom Divided: Cathay  (Read 3481 times)

Fauxtranir

• Peasant
    • View Profile
Re: A Kingdom Divided: Cathay
« Topic Start: January 21, 2014, 04:30:59 PM »
Yes, the whole "keeping the surrender terms secret" thing was quite interesting. Velax was quite surprised that Stephanie hadn't bothered to share most of the terms with the rest of the realm. Explains why she wanted to not give up Haul and Colasan until they had got Hatdhes, though - needed to placate the members of her realm.

I still can't figure out how she's keeping the loyalty of *any* of the remaining nobility of Cathay apart from Garamonde Bendix, who supports her unswervingly for some reason, Honor Kirt, who is either an empire plant or has some other ulterior motive for quelling dissent, and Josiah Greyson, who is her lap dog for obvious reasons. It looked to me like pretty much the remainder of the folk in Cathay are deeply unhappy with her rule, or at the very least her secretive nature.

I strongly suspect Cathay will continue to deteriorate over the course of the next few weeks; for my money, Stephanie Greyson has shown fairly clearly that her sympathies do not lie with the nobility of Cathay, and tensions were high when I left. I think folk are about to start snapping en masse.