Author Topic: Decay of infrastructure from lack of population  (Read 23525 times)

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
I'm really doubting any skyscraper will last 500 years, even if it's left alone. And the gothic church will just stand beside and laugh :)

Do you really think a "gothic church" left completely alone, untended, with no maintenance at all, for 500 years will still be standing?

OK, maybe it will still be there as a pile of tumbled blocks. But I doubt it will be laughing.
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

Shizzle

• Mighty Duke
  • Skyndarbau, Yusklin, Yarvik, Werend and Kayne
    • View Profile
Well, I suspect some of the walls will be intact, depending on how it was built. The higher structures wouldn't last too long.
But I guess I eggagerated :) The main reason the churches are still standing is of course because they are churches ;)

I suppose I'm just biased...  ::)

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
This is such a biased comparison.  I agree that the ratio is slightly lower, but please, use at least mildly accurate numbers...  average rural is around 2500-4000 peasants, and average cities have around 40000-60000 peasants.

How is it a biased comparison? It's showing extremums, to prove a point.

In D'Hara we have many medium-large cities, and they grow so very SLOWLY. It takes months to recover from starvation waves. Small rurals, on the other hand, easilly attain their max population. New migration codes amplify the existing phenomenon.
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron