Author Topic: Abusing diplomacy  (Read 6040 times)

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
Re: Abusing diplomacy
« Reply #15: January 29, 2014, 01:35:42 AM »
And we are also forgetting the sure fire way to prevent this "abuse". The realm you are attacking without a war declaration can always declare war upon you.

Occasionally very complicated, but usually quite possible. One could also just counter-attack without declaring war.

Also, I don't think you can loot a region if they have troops there.
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

Penchant

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #16: January 29, 2014, 03:25:17 AM »
Occasionally very complicated, but usually quite possible. One could also just counter-attack without declaring war.

Also, I don't think you can loot a region if they have troops there.
I don't know why declaring war would be complicated, you just click and go. With looting, it was for a time impossible to loot if the region has troops, but that was a bug and is now fixed. (Its not guaranteed to work but is possible to)
“The true soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but because he loves what is behind him.”
― G.K. Chesterton

De-Legro

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #17: January 29, 2014, 03:35:12 AM »
I don't know why declaring war would be complicated, you just click and go. With looting, it was for a time impossible to loot if the region has troops, but that was a bug and is now fixed. (Its not guaranteed to work but is possible to)

Federation chains
Previously of the De-Legro Family
Now of representation unknown.

Ketchum

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #18: January 29, 2014, 03:42:41 AM »
I think what Bhranthan means is this scenario which happen in EC island wars. The situation where Nivemus did not declare war but allied with Caligus to fight Fallangard, with whom Nivemus has Neutral/Peace status? If yes, I think this is worthy of a discussion. Some of Nivemus realmmate even the Ruler asking my character Brock whether we should get alliance with Caligus or not; that was before the alliance with Caligus is made. No, keep that thought of Brock is influential out of your mind ;)

I do not recall having complaint either when Perdan allied with OI, having Neutral status with Nivemus, Perdan army used their Murderous unit settings to completely destroy Nivemus whole army on OI land. That was during OI-Nivemus war and Perdan did not declare war either. I even praised Perdan military for their creativity to go around. I even harbored thought of setting our units to Murderous setting, thanks to Perdan giving me this idea earlier ::)

Okay, back to the topic on the formula used to calculate who allied with who and who fight who.

The system formula taken into account the Alliance status first before the Neutral/Peace status next. so whichever realms allied will be protecting the allied realm. It makes perfect sense having your realm protecting your ally before it comes to protect a realm with Peaceful diplomacy with your realm. That is much I understand about the Diplomacy system.

Allied > Peace > Neutral > War
Werewolf Games: Villager (6) Wolf (4) Seer (3); Lynched as Villager(1). Lost as Villager(1), Lost as Wolf(1) due to Parity. Hunted as Villager(1). Lynched as Seer(2).
Won as Villager(3). Won as Seer(1). Won as Wolf(3).
BM Characters: East Continent(Brock), Colonies(Ash), Dwilight(Gary)

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #19: January 29, 2014, 09:01:11 PM »
Federation chains

Precisely my thoughts, though alliance chains can also make things complicated.
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron