Author Topic: T Minus 28 Days  (Read 114001 times)

Blue Star

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
Re: T Minus 28 Days
« Reply #330: March 04, 2014, 01:54:15 AM »
This is disappointing their is a vote now to abandon the lands and move... no in-game reason is promoting such a vote or actions. This is what I was truly afraid of... OOC is becoming ingame motivations. How does onYeses noble know they should abandon their lands? How does a noble acknowledge leaving his people to monster or the undead? What nobles realize the end of their realm is near and hold a vote to abandon...

Monster come invasions come but the idea of abandoning realm and country... dark times truly. How did our nobles come to such conclusions... I would assume it was simply mating season...

moderator note: IG messages deleted per forum rules.
« Last Edit: March 04, 2014, 03:01:16 AM by Indirik »
I think like a sinner. Curse like a sailor. Smile like a saint. :)

Ketchum

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #331: March 04, 2014, 01:58:49 AM »
One thing I have witnessed is that many players start to behave like this game wont exist for way longer.
You will be surprise to know that many players just see the Order messages of the day and click button like they eating their lunch daily. Personally I am surprise to see players following orders when I assume they don't. Players are quiet at times. So go out, give your Order and see how their response to this event ;)

Sorry for the off-topic note, but reading this is like a constant -1 +1 trust in humanity button.
As I say in my next quote reply, are humanity going to make their last stand? An alliance of human? For EC, alliance of human and elves, that would be a bit far fetched? ::)

This should shake things up a bit.
Yes indeed this should shake things up. A lot of people are worrying, some defiant to the end and will fight to death. Some are waiting to see on the sidelines how the event unfold. Not sure if any are migrating just yet.

May i ask, does this mean western armies will be immune to morale loss so we can try and invade east.
I am thinking along the line that those affected by the glaciers will have higher morale to move farther and relocate to safer distance. Without "far from home" morale penalty of course. But that is not my call.
Werewolf Games: Villager (6) Wolf (4) Seer (3); Lynched as Villager(1). Lost as Villager(1), Lost as Wolf(1) due to Parity. Hunted as Villager(1). Lynched as Seer(2).
Won as Villager(3). Won as Seer(1). Won as Wolf(3).
BM Characters: East Continent(Brock), Colonies(Ash), Dwilight(Gary)

kobetheist

• Freeman
    • View Profile
« Reply #332: March 04, 2014, 02:17:05 AM »
Blue Star,

Why would you post that? You're complaining about something being OOC, but I don't think you've been paying attention to the IC discussions going on the past few days in the realm. That referendum isn't binding anyways, but you shouldn't be posting possibly sensitive IC info on the forums... You can RP your character however you want, but don't expect others to do the same. I was in the same camp as you up until todady even though I knew OOC the West was done, however even my character is starting to realize looking at the hordes, RP messages, and talking to other nobles that the situation is becoming untenable.

Lubomirski

• Peasant
    • View Profile
« Reply #333: March 04, 2014, 02:58:41 AM »
Blue Star why on earth would you post such IC info on an OOC board.  Do you even realize  the damage you have just done to the RP of your own realm?

Blue Star

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #334: March 04, 2014, 03:58:04 AM »
 ;) Sure will RP the way I want yawns.. i've almost accepted the position to freeze/infest the islands... almost

Damaging mm perhaps since it is gone, should of been a bit more ambiguous ill admit to that.

However, if I am not mistaken and I don't believe so for all the messages on Dwilight is it not the sole contient that is focused on RPing? What nobles vote on abandoning their realm? What nobles consider abandoning their lively hood? I am not directly attempting to point a finger at who created such a vote. I am pointing a finger at the event itself and informing us of it.

Any realm affected will move accordingly, but now geez is everyone going to go buddy up and join their friends on the western contient or become Perdans or Tarans?

I heard all this concerning culture and history, but are people going to really leave that behind?

Perhaps i'm just to passionate about the culture of realms and had bright endeavors that will never take root and bear fruit upon the tree I planned to eat from.
I think like a sinner. Curse like a sailor. Smile like a saint. :)

Roran

• Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #335: March 04, 2014, 04:05:19 AM »
It's finding a balance. While I agree with you that abandoning our realm as easily as this is rather strange RP-wise, it's common sense to not let everything you have get raped before you leave. A balance between realism in RP and having fun in the game (since not everyone likes being raped if it's fun to RP)

Hence why I tried explaining it trough religion, and large religions saying it's inevitable might force a massive migration. Try to explain us using common sense IC, see that as a challenge, and don't try to correct players for playing how they want to play, because the chance of succes there is nigh inexistant.

Lychaon

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #336: March 04, 2014, 12:26:28 PM »
I think what Blue Star complains about is the lack of a "realistic" procedure in a realm's nobility towards a threat. They vote to decide if they leave or not, and the "yes" option means to leave behind land, culture, etc. I'll say what I think about it, comparing it to Europe in Medieval times.

1. Comparing to real world, the colonisation of Dwilight started less than 30 years ago, if I'm right. It was colonised by nobles (players), who formed their realms to rule upon a civil "native" population.

2. That means that, from a real word perspective, nobles pretty much arrived to a continent to stablish their lands and get profit of them. A lot of them couldn't even RP that their families were natives and entered the Nobility, since maybe a player created his first character in another Continent, so his home is out of Dwilight.

Think of the Normans when they took control in England.

3. I'm sure you know that not all nobles in a kingdom or realm have decided to fight 'till death to protect it from a foreign threat when they knew it would be in vain. Even if it was the land of their ancestors. Think of the conquest of the remains of the Byzantine Empire. When Costantinopolis fell, many of them fled to other Christian kingdoms, even being Orthodox. Okay, it was their capital. It leads us to point number 4.

4. They're monsters, dude! Even if nobles in BM has fought against them constantly, realms are overwhelmed! Put a Dwilightean noble's shoes on! You're a highborn who takes profit on the work of native peasants, which are assimilating your culture because it's been imposed by their rulers, in the case of Barca, less than 20 years ago. You will fight hard to keep your lands, but if hordes of howling monsters threaten every corner of your realm, won't you make your valises and try to find a new land?

jaune

• Mighty Duke
  • Suck my socks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #337: March 04, 2014, 02:15:39 PM »
That ice thing on those links looks horrible as Darkan, but something we prolly can live with, not sure if survive against CE after over 1/3 of our realm is under ice. I really hope it will stop there and wont go any further. This will hit more hard ML & Rielston & Lyoness, and i'm sure it will put some serious pressure towards, especially Silnaria and prolly to Tara too, cause ML really needs more space to stay as realm which has weight.

But as people have said already, this doesnt directly effect the strongest block on AT, vice versa it make it stronger cause it reduces 2 big realms out from balance. I dont see that is possible realistically Darkans to join many of the realms left on island incase Darka collapses at some point. Some would sure find new home from mayby Talerium and mayby Rielston(which propalby end up to be few region realm unless they go war with Eston or Darka.

So, i'm afraid Atamara might lose good chunk of characters/players. But i bet situation might get more intresting if CE finds itself bored and decides to take active role on southern war... But, lets first see how Darka will survive from this. We are still holding pretty good stack of gold and if we are able to draft enough troops to keep our army running, we will survive for a year or 2 :)

-jaune
~Violence is always an option!~

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #338: March 04, 2014, 02:59:15 PM »
So for the migration bonus, is that for all realms with land in the west, or only those wholly there? Astrum and D'Hara have a number of regions on the western subcontinent, a score of them are key historical regions that played major roles in the realms' pasts. 7 of D'Hara's regions are there. Are these realms gonna get the option to deplete their western regions of peasants for extra troops to head East with?
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

Wolfang

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #339: March 04, 2014, 03:34:51 PM »
So now, because IC information has been posted OOC, bluestar, are we allowed to change our IC choices, knowing others will have read this information you posted, and most definitely act IG to prevent us from doing that? Or is that not allowed either?

I can't believe you just posted that...

Sonya

• Mighty Duke
  • Traveling to a new world!
    • View Profile
« Reply #340: March 04, 2014, 04:16:41 PM »

8) hello!

-jaune

I may think that this will push the northern realms to ally themselves again to fight the central area once again, but this will take time, because i believe that they will fight each other first. Then you will see many Viking Hordes marching south pillaging for food and land.

Remember that migration have an advantage over past wars, in the past (ie Conquering): you had to conquer the people, then you had to either create a colony (this IS the Flaw i hate from game)or suffer the consequences of terrain expansion by losing morale due to Capital Distance . Migration will solve the problem of creating a future enemy, by replacing everything with your nobles.

Saying that players will leave is too much, i know a lot of historical value and time put into these regions is important, but it will be interesting to see a REAL "War For Food & Land", than just going to war because is a war game and game mechanic makes you do so.

In General my thoughts are that Atamara will become active, i do not think this will change the Power balance on the continent, but at least will be active.
« Last Edit: March 04, 2014, 04:21:48 PM by Sonya »

Zakilevo

« Reply #341: March 04, 2014, 07:06:45 PM »
That ice thing on those links looks horrible as Darkan, but something we prolly can live with, not sure if survive against CE after over 1/3 of our realm is under ice. I really hope it will stop there and wont go any further. This will hit more hard ML & Rielston & Lyoness, and i'm sure it will put some serious pressure towards, especially Silnaria and prolly to Tara too, cause ML really needs more space to stay as realm which has weight.

But as people have said already, this doesnt directly effect the strongest block on AT, vice versa it make it stronger cause it reduces 2 big realms out from balance. I dont see that is possible realistically Darkans to join many of the realms left on island incase Darka collapses at some point. Some would sure find new home from mayby Talerium and mayby Rielston(which propalby end up to be few region realm unless they go war with Eston or Darka.

So, i'm afraid Atamara might lose good chunk of characters/players. But i bet situation might get more intresting if CE finds itself bored and decides to take active role on southern war... But, lets first see how Darka will survive from this. We are still holding pretty good stack of gold and if we are able to draft enough troops to keep our army running, we will survive for a year or 2 :)

-jaune

Pretty sure Darka gets migration bonuses. meaning Darka can travel as far as they want without suffering morale penalty. Also cheaper units.

Eduardo Almighty

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #342: March 04, 2014, 08:00:37 PM »
I am REALLY quite angry about the poll thing, if i knew i would have gotten rid of Sirion, Avamar & Erick with Ice

HAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAA. Love is in the air.

I'm sad more because even with all the bonuses, it's hard to realize Asylon marching with an army. Instead, we will have to find another way to take a new realm from inside. I will lose my beloved Itau, the city I built from almost 0.
« Last Edit: March 04, 2014, 08:10:04 PM by Eduardo Almighty »
Now with the Skovgaard Family... and it's gone.
Serpentis again!

Bael

• Mighty Duke
  • Have sword, will travel!
    • View Profile
« Reply #343: March 04, 2014, 08:18:18 PM »
I will lose my beloved Itau, the city I built from almost 0.

I know, right. Same with me and Twainville. Try finding 90/70 infantry, together with 70/70 infantry. And now we must just meekly (or otherwise) piss off elsewhere and do whatever there. And I can't muster any enthusiasm to propose fighting back against the rogues. Similarly, and because of the prior, I can't muster any enthusiasm to do anything else.

Everything just tastes fake.

Eduardo Almighty

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #344: March 04, 2014, 08:30:55 PM »
I can build another cities  8)
My characters are excellent Dukes and Margraves, after all :)
Now with the Skovgaard Family... and it's gone.
Serpentis again!