Author Topic: T Minus 28 Days  (Read 105573 times)

Gustav Kuriga

Re: T Minus 28 Days
« Reply #255: March 03, 2014, 07:02:17 AM »
No doubt - it sucks. I wouldn't have been very happy if the FEI frost came from the north, I can tell you. But at least this way you've got a chance to push north and carve out some new territory for yourselves rather than "BAM, you're done; now find a different island".

To the point that someone was making about us all being people, and thus having different opinions, I would much prefer to just have everything wiped clean and start anew than have a long drawn out misery.

Charles

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #256: March 03, 2014, 07:11:43 AM »
Can anyone tell me how the monsters in dwilight are spawned? 
Is the rate simply increased?
Is it equally increased everywhere?  (rogue regions vs controlled regions)
Will it continue to increase until all nobles have left the west island?
I suppose my question comes down to, is there any hope of defending a duchy on the western island?  I want to continue fighting, but i would like to know if it will be a tough battle or an impossible battle.

Velax

• Honourable King
  • House de Vere
    • View Profile
« Reply #257: March 03, 2014, 07:15:08 AM »
To the point that someone was making about us all being people, and thus having different opinions, I would much prefer to just have everything wiped clean and start anew than have a long drawn out misery.

Then I am extremely happy the decision wasn't yours to make. Your way, everyone loses everything. This way, some people lose out, but they're given the chance to keep at least some of what they've built.

Glloyd

• Peasant
    • View Profile
« Reply #258: March 03, 2014, 07:19:05 AM »
Yeah, but that goes for realms as much as islands. Some people will have put 99.9% of their BM time into a particular realm they like, and they'll quit if it goes under in a way they consider to be unfair. I know this to be true because over the weekend some people have told me they'll do exactly that if the particular realm they like is killed off due to a game event.

This echoes my sentiments perfectly. It wouldn't make sense IC to roleplay anything but fighting to the end of Niselur, but Niselur's doomed to end thanks to this event that, as I mentioned, does not fit well into the spirit of the game. And frankly, once my current character (and Niselur as well) is gone, I doubt I shall stick around. Simply because I do not want to start from scratch. Call it petty if you will, but it'll kill my personal desire to play BM.

mikm

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #259: March 03, 2014, 08:09:17 AM »
Player density is not enough to add  fun the game. Quality over quantity. One player could add more fun than a whole realm of players.

Zakilevo

« Reply #260: March 03, 2014, 08:34:08 AM »
Player density is not enough to add  fun the game. Quality over quantity. One player could add more fun than a whole realm of players.

That is exactly why we need higher player density. We will have a higher chance of getting those good players if we have a denser player base. Also, more people in the same realm or in close proximity means more interactions.

mikm

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #261: March 03, 2014, 08:41:02 AM »
As for claiming new lands in eastern Dwilight, how are we suppose to do that with no troops?
Recruitment going out of business fast. Even if we do gather an army we will have no way to reinforce.

jaune

• Mighty Duke
  • Suck my socks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #262: March 03, 2014, 08:50:17 AM »
You need to unite, try to find realm with low noble count, take it over politically.

-Jaune
~Violence is always an option!~

mikm

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #263: March 03, 2014, 08:54:37 AM »
No one can be forced to offer positions to newcomers. Plus there may be a little hatred involved. Past politics and all.

jaune

• Mighty Duke
  • Suck my socks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #264: March 03, 2014, 09:03:20 AM »
Yes, but lets say there is 20 nobles joining to another realm. They can alone cause quite a political turmoil and protest out council members.

-Jaune
~Violence is always an option!~

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #265: March 03, 2014, 03:23:32 PM »
I hate it. Your modified map still leaves my realm dead. >:( :P

I went with what was already decided as far as removals go, though I have no idea where the real cut-outs are.

;)

Except for Madina, maybe. I don't think that was said to go away, but no realm is really centered there anyways, so no biggie.
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #266: March 03, 2014, 03:26:33 PM »
Yes, but lets say there is 20 nobles joining to another realm. They can alone cause quite a political turmoil and protest out council members.

-Jaune

Yea, and this NEVER causes a ton of OOC drama...
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

Seraphen Family

• Peasant
  • Though from Leafwalker to Seraphen we remain true
    • View Profile
« Reply #267: March 03, 2014, 04:36:28 PM »
This was all and all handled really poorly on the Dev's part.

(Not even taking into account that every one of my personal characters gets tossed on his or her tail in this action.)

It took them 28 days to code some flavor text, and turn up monster spawns for no real reason.

This isn't an event, its a let down.

Most of us write more detailed and thought out role plays in half an hours time.

No doubt the coding for closing the regions took a few hours.. but honestly.. way to aim low with wow factor.
« Last Edit: March 03, 2014, 04:51:09 PM by Seraphen Family »
The Seraphen Family is a tarnished remnant of the Leafwalker Family, seeking it's own shine.

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #268: March 03, 2014, 04:41:56 PM »
This was all and all handled really poorly on the Dev's part.

(Not even taking into account that every one of my personal characters gets tossed on his or her tail in this action.)

It took them 28 days to code some flavor text, and turn up monster spawns for no real reason.

This isn't an event, its a let down.

If you really think that's all that's been coded, then you haven't even remotely been paying attention.
Timothy Collett

"The only thing you can't trade for your heart's desire...is your heart." "You are what you do.  Choose again, and change." "One of these days, someone's gonna plug you, and you're going to die saying, 'What did I say? What did I say?'"  ~ Miles Naismith Vorkosigan

Tom

• BM Dev Team
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
    • BattleMaster
« Reply #269: March 03, 2014, 04:42:36 PM »
These lands that the developers are just wiping out are built in history and player creation. By wiping these out you are removing all that has been achieved which is a real shame.
[...]
Perhaps a better plan would be to reboot the game

You do realize how two statements you made in the same posting are in direct contradiction to each other, yes?