Author Topic: My son just informed me he joiuned Battlemaster  (Read 2072 times)

TIP64

• Peasant
    • View Profile
My son just informed me he joiuned Battlemaster
« Topic Start: February 02, 2014, 02:54:38 AM »
Who do I need if any to explain that my son has joined the game on the same IP.  I assume this will be an issue.  Please contact me.

OFaolain

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
Re: My son just informed me he joiuned Battlemaster
« Reply #1: February 02, 2014, 02:59:24 AM »
There are actually quite a few players who are related or living together or other arrangements of that sort; IIRC their cheater detection is much more sophisticated than just a shared IP, so I don't think you should have anything to worry about.
MacGeil Family: Cathan (Corsanctum)
Formerly the O'Faolain, then Nisbet families

TIP64

• Peasant
    • View Profile
« Reply #2: February 02, 2014, 05:08:06 AM »
Thanks  :)

Miriam Ics

• Testers
  • Noble Lord
  • Myrnia (EC) Mattias Cat (BT) Luarin Ariana (DWI)
    • View Profile
« Reply #3: February 03, 2014, 12:20:34 AM »
I would advice you to write to Tom and explain the situation.
"Resolve to serve no more, and you are at once freed. I do not ask that you place hands upon the tyrant to topple him over, but simply that you support him no longer; then you will behold him, like a great Colossus whose pedestal has been pulled away, fall of his own weight and break in pieces."

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #4: February 03, 2014, 02:04:02 AM »
I think Tim would be the person to write to, nowadays. That being said, he does read these forums, and I doubt it's necessary.
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

De-Legro

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #5: February 03, 2014, 02:12:18 AM »
Its always handy to inform the Dev team if you are sharing a IP with someone. In general the checks for the detection system are much more involved, but it is still nice to hear from people that have nothing to hide if you know what I mean.
Previously of the De-Legro Family
Now of representation unknown.

Tom

• BM Dev Team
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
    • BattleMaster
« Reply #6: February 03, 2014, 10:20:01 AM »
Its always handy to inform the Dev team if you are sharing a IP with someone. In general the checks for the detection system are much more involved, but it is still nice to hear from people that have nothing to hide if you know what I mean.

No, it's not. What is helpful is if your person details show the relation (e.g. you've both registered with full real names).

Only if your sharing goes far beyond living in the same home should you inform the devs. If you also use the same computer, for example, it can actually look like multi-cheating to the automated systems, because they have no way of knowing that the person in front of the keyboard has changed.