Author Topic: The Trials and Tribulations of Usul Soul's Life  (Read 12613 times)

Logar

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
After leaving Battlemaster for some time, I have returned and continued my old characters.
Usul returned to find Cathay and the Far East continent sunk, so emigrated to Beluaterra. He joined Gotland, a tyranny realm.

And so the Trials and Tribulations of Usul's Life continues...

The estate of Steelhead where Usul now resided consisted of a moderately sized manorhouse with a small outhouse building which could barely be considered as the stable; housing just 4 steeds at best. The meadows surrounding the house within its stone border were ferociously overgrown with tall grasses and brambles-- a wasteland.
Perfect! Usul thought.
"What a boghole!" Erasmus chortled out loud.
"Erasmus, go into the local hamlets and round up some workers" Usul ordered, "...I'm feeling generous today, offer them a small daily wage and a free meal"
"As you wish M'Lord" Erasmus obeyed
" I want this place to be bare within 3 days".

Stood atop of the hill overlooking his estate, Usul watched as his peasant workforce continued to clear the overgrown scrub down to bare soil. Erasmus approached from behind and stood next to his Master.
"Bread and broth seems to be a rather effective currency" Erasmus commented.
"Indeed my loyal friend, they are scavengers these filthy animals" Usul replied, "Any news of the whereabouts of Usaath?"
"No news yet M'Lord, the creature is still rather evasive. Although I have heard reports that an person of his description has debarked from a ship on this very continent"
"That is well Erasmus, I shall summon him soon enough if he has lost his way."

Erasmus began to walk away, paused then returned
"Ahh M'Lord there is one more thing" Erasmus reported, " One of the workers has stumbled upon something interesting. I believe we have found a suitable location"
"Ahh excellent Erasmus!" Usul congratulated, "Take me to it..."
"...Together We Stand, Divided We Fall!..." -- 'Hey You', Pink Floyd