Author Topic: The Trials and Tribulations of Usul Soul's Life  (Read 12612 times)

Logar

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
Usul had been summoned to Council to defend his actions against the accusations set upon him by Vice-Marshal Thesseus. He went to face the music, whilst Erasmus packed and prepared for their departure.

The accuser Vice-marshal Thesseus, and the accused Marshal Usul enter the chanber and take to thier pedestals in front of the Council.

After the accusations were read out to him, Usul spoke out his defence

Council!

I place my hand to my chest and wish to announce that much of what Vice-Marshal Thesseus hath stated is true.
However, there are some other rather important statements which have either been confused, or are simply untrue. I shalt continue...

It is true that I worship an ancient deity.
It is true that I have in possession a book of notable importance, possibly even written by the hand of Zraath himself. Dangerous? Surely that is a matter of opinion and shouldn't be based on pure assumption.
It is true that I seek the Akkan figure known to have arrived on this island and threatens the existence of man.
It is also true that to begin my journey, I plan to mingle amongst the people of Spearhold.

Untrue I am a demon.
Untrue I arrived here in Gotland for evil purposes.
Untrue I plan to set demons upon Gotland once taking up residence in Spearhold.
Untrue I am a traitor to the nobility of Gotland.

I present to the Council, a copy of the very letter I sent to the Vice-Marshal. Fire paper is rather time costly and time consuming to produce, so of course I have a written draft copy. Although a draft, it is word for word accurate to the final copy sent to Thesseus. I welcome him to confirm this.

Letter from Usul Soul
(Personal message to Thesseus Polytus)
Vice-Marshal Thesseus,

I write to you to explain my intentions. You at least deserve that honour, for those I leave behind will look to you for command... or perhaps not as will be more likely the case. This unruly bunch of goats seem to relish the idea of running around without order. Neither of us have been in Gotland for very long; you yourself joined here a very short time after myself. I came to these lands after the destruction and sinking of the island I once belonged. I had high hopes for Gotland and hoped that in will be a permanent place of residence for me. Alas! it is not so.

A demon named Arkan was once a servant to the Dark Lord Zraath, according to the ancient scriptures written in the Book of Zraath currently resting upon my alter. The name Arkan bears a coincidental ressemblance to the new evil that hath been born on this island, by the name of Akkan. Arkan betrayed Zraath and the Black Sun Temple and I now wonder if this Akkan figure is this very betrayer. I must find this out! for it may be my opportunity to gain closer access to the Dark Lord himself that is Zraath.
Whether I embrace this Akkan, or I shalt slay him remains to be seen. The next part of my long journey is Spearhold.

This message was written on the paper of fire and will errupt in flames once read.

I wish you much luck young Marshal!

Usul Soul
Knight of Gethsemene
Marshal of the Goathorde

Council,
the idea that I came here with ill-intent is propostrous! Where from my words of the letter can one gain that assumption. It is true that I had hoped to make permanent residence here, but unfortunately Gotland cannot not offer me all that I seek. I can assure the Council though, that during my time here, I have performed my duties as one would expect. My intentions have always been for the good and benefit of the realm and its people...that nobody can deny.
On that particular basis, where does the accusation of treachery and treason fit in. It doesn't!

Can the Council not see from my letter that I sent it in good faith? notifying the Vice-Marshal of my intentions so that he may be more prepared for his own duties.
M'Lords and Ladies, Thessius is young and can be forgiven for his naivety and over-imagination. I hold no ill thoughts against him, for he is yet to experience many more fearful things than a simple burning letter. The accusations strewn at my feet bears no weight, no more weight than an accusation against Thesseus; that he might be a spy for Akkan.

If I may be forgiven for being blunt-- It truly matters not whether the Council considers me for banishment or not, I shalt be leaving regardless. This hearing only contributes to delaying my departure.
I simply request the Council to consider this: When I meet Akkan face to face, there will likely be one of two possible outcomes...Akkan will be slain, or I will be slain. If I am slain, Akkan still lives, and man will be no better nor worse off. If Akkan is slain, man can guarantee its existence will continue for a while longer.

I urge the Council to conclude this hearing swiftly, there are far more important matters at hand.
« Last Edit: March 24, 2016, 01:00:24 PM by Logar »
"...Together We Stand, Divided We Fall!..." -- 'Hey You', Pink Floyd