Author Topic: The Trials and Tribulations of Usul Soul's Life  (Read 12605 times)

Logar

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
Now having left the realm of Gotland (land of the goats), Usul crossed the border to join the nobles of Spearhold. To join the Brotherhood of Spearhold, one is required to offer a sacrifice of a goblet of blood to the Daemon Akkan himself. This was Usuls chance to meet the Daemon face to face, to determine if it may be friend or foe to the almighty Zraath-- The ancient deity that Usul worships.

Erasmus entered Usul's quarters and made the announcement "Our presence is required at the temple Usul...He has arrived"
"That is well my friend. Did you obtain my blood?" Usul replied
"Indeed I have. There are still bodies of beasts scattered around daisha, I did not have to look far"
"Excellent, prepare the ritual" Usul urged.

Usul stood at the alter looking down upon an open page of the book; where it rested. Erasmus ofered the silver chalise containing the blood of the beasts; Usul gracefully recieved.
He placed his hand upon the self-inscribed scarred symbol upon his chest; The symbol carved so many years ago, yet still unhealed; and began whispering a mantra in an ancient tongue. Erasmus joined in until both whispered in harmony. They stopped abruptly, followed instantly with the consumption of the blood until chalice was was bare.
At that moment, blood oozed fron the scar on his chest...

When the ritual was over they prepared theselves for the visit to the temple to offer their blood and servitude to 'He that IS'

Together they marched towards the temple, Usul and his loyal guard and friend Erasmus. As they marched Erasmus looked down upon his master and recognised how fragile he looked remembering those first days when they had met in Cathay. They had both been through so much since then.
Erasmus considered What would have become of Usul had I not shown him the book?

They arrived at the temple entrance to be met by guards blocking their entrance. A temple guardian approached and announced "Usul Soul?....You are late!. You had better pray that he is not angered, for he hath left temporary on another task. Come back when he returns. Be gone for now!"

Usul cursed "For the love of....!"
At that moment a messenger arrived handing a letter to Erasmus. He read.
"M'Lord, your presence is required by the army"

They turned about, and as they were walking away, Usul caught the eye of a young girl loitering outside of the temple; looking rather suspicious as she pretended not to see them whilst twidling with her hair. Erasmus spotted the character too, then looked at Usul with a quizzical frown...
« Last Edit: March 25, 2016, 06:48:25 PM by Logar »
"...Together We Stand, Divided We Fall!..." -- 'Hey You', Pink Floyd