Author Topic: The Trials and Tribulations of Usul Soul's Life  (Read 12600 times)

Logar

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
After missing his first opportunity to meet the Daemon Lord Akkan, Usul and Erasmus was sure not to be late at the next opportunity.

"Usul! He's here!" Erasmus charged into the tent and announced the arrival of Akkan.

After a small ritual including feasting upon the Blood of Beast, Usul and his personal guard Erasmus prepared to meet Him face to face and offer their servitude to 'He that IS'. The self-inscribed tattoo upon Usul's chest once again began to weep.

When they arrived, the Portal Temple guardians who now accompanied Akkan came forth and handed a goblet to each of them. They waited their turn whilst several other knights of the realm offered their sacrifices before them. Their turn came and they stepped forward to present themselves to Akkan.
Usul stared up to the majestic beastly daemon who stood before them. Overcome with awe, Usul stood motionless for a momenet whilst the towering figure waited paitently for the sacrifice to be made.
Erasmus nudged Usul and whispered "So that is him is it? He's not as tall as I was expecting"
Usul shot a stern gaze towards Erasmus "Now is not the time for comedy! Now fall in line!". Erasmus obeyed.

Usul took a step forward. "For you, I pledge my servitude". He unsheathed his silver ceremonial dagger. "You are the all seeing, all knowing" he contined, "You are my guide. I therefore have no need for this....". With that statement, Usul inserted the dagger into his eye socket and began to scallop. He yelled with pain, blood sparayed and oozed down his arms. Shakily he continued to carve whilst dropping to his knees. The pain was excruciating, he did not know if he could complete the task before passing out. The pain ceased, was overcome with giddiness as he felt himself close to passing out. Erasmus approached and took the blade from the quivering hand, and completed the task for his master leaving him unconcious in a heap on the floor.

Erasmus stepped forward with the dagger. He glared into the eyes of the Daemon without expression and without words. For several moments he simply stared. He then thrust the dagger fully through his wrist allowing his unusually dark blood to drain, filling the goblet below. He continued to stare without a flinch of pain. When the goblet was sufficiently full; and without breaking his gaze; he pulled the dagger out and licked the blade clean before resheathing it. Now he picked up both goblets; one with an eye floating within; and placed them at the feet of Akkan.
Erasmus stepped back; stared once more into the eyes of the Daemon looking down upon him; gently bowed and turned. He picked up Usul's unconcious body with one hand, threw him over his shoulder and casually strolled away without looking back.

Roleplay from Akkan

Akkan had accepted a variety of knights' goblets, as Usul and Erasmus approached. Proceeding with their antics, Akkan made a clicking sound all the while. Usul proceeding first, Akkan watched, unamused. Erasmus next, Akkan, watched him leave without moving. Sampling Erasmus's blood hesitantly, he drank perhaps a fifth before recoiling, then lashing out at the goblet, throwing it to a distant quarter. He didn't neglect to gather the remaining blood from the air before it fell to the ground though. An intense wave of heat accompanied the thrown goblet. Storming away, Usul's goblet was untouched.

Amongst the foul sound of Akkan's shouting, a cross between the roars of tiger and crocodile, was heard the names Usul and Erasmus

It seems that Akkan may have taken a disliking to Erasmus in particular...
"...Together We Stand, Divided We Fall!..." -- 'Hey You', Pink Floyd