Author Topic: Inappropriate Out of Charcter Insults  (Read 13479 times)

Vellos

• Honourable King
  • Stodgy Old Man in Training
    • View Profile
Re: Inappropriate Out of Charcter Insults
« Topic Start: February 03, 2014, 02:07:43 AM »
Worth noting that I've never behaved like this before.

In the previous case where we've had discussion of particularly venomous interactions between players, it's been usually both sides having a long record of negativity and hostility. I have no such record, nor do I think anyone can accuse me of this kind of blow-up before.

I've already paused Hireshmont, who was my last active character. The resolution of this case will probably not meaningfully affect my decision to play or not in the future.

I don't get mad at people for just being antagonizing. Annoying people, people who routinely operate on OOC grudges... I've played BM long enough to deal with that. No problem with that.

It's when apparently two characters, one of whom has been borderline inactive for months and hasn't included any other characters (publicly at least) in his apparently monumental plans, exploit a ridiculous asymmetry of button-power to single-handedly rewrite the whole structure of the largest player-created institution in BM-history. Yes, that ticks me off, because it's OBVIOUS abuse. It's CLEARLY not playing with friends. It's Justin having fun !@#$ing with game mechanics to knock over the sandcastle the other kids have been diligently building for years.
"A neutral humanism is either a pedantic artifice or a prologue to the inhuman." - George Steiner