Author Topic: [Insert Adventurer Name Here], I knew thee well...  (Read 4320 times)

Varwulf

• Knight
    • View Profile
[Insert Adventurer Name Here], I knew thee well...
« Topic Start: February 04, 2014, 02:00:39 AM »
I've not had much luck with the Adventurer class, and I am sure I am not the only one :)

I remember way back in the day (a previous account) raising an adventurer up through the many dungeons and caves of Beluaterra into a fighting force of some repute.  I ended up making her an infiltrator and she was pretty feared back in her day.

With my most recent account, I made an Adventurer some time ago who was promptly killed by an Undead Champion 2 months into making her.  Much sadness was had, but I moved on and played my nobles for awhile.

Almost a year ago I tried the Adventurer business again with a character on Dwilight.  Good times were had.  I just got him up to 100% combat equipment a week or so ago and his swordfighting skill was somewhere around 85% - 90%.  I thought I had in made in the shade!

Well, today, he was sadly mowed down in his prime, eaten by a worg (it's my story, I'll tell it how I like!  Monsters though if you had to ask :P) and I felt a rather significant strain of sadness envelope my mind and body as I realized my Adventuring days have once again come to a halt.

I don't know if I can try the class again anytime soon.  Has anyone else had amazing luck with an Adventurer?  Has anyone else potentially shed a few manly tears (or womanly tears for that matter) over a lost Adventurer you've come to love after molding them into a monster and undead killing force over a lengthy period of time?  I'd be interested to hear it.

Cheers :)
« Last Edit: February 04, 2014, 02:03:20 AM by Varwulf »
Varwulf (Vix Tiramora), Rhyndaria (Caergoth), Ikosia (Caergoth), Kunoreyvn (Sandalak), Kimiakiaruni (Sandalak), Balkrom (Nothoi), Sythia (Arcaea), Eviera (Morek Empire)

Ohzen

• Knight
    • View Profile
I am sorry to hear your story but now I know where I got my luck from! I found 5 unique items within 2 months.

Varwulf

• Knight
    • View Profile
Now that is impressive!  Congrats :)  One thing I never could do as an Adventurer was repairing items, I found it too difficult to keep up with, but I always respected those who stuck to it and were very good at it.
Varwulf (Vix Tiramora), Rhyndaria (Caergoth), Ikosia (Caergoth), Kunoreyvn (Sandalak), Kimiakiaruni (Sandalak), Balkrom (Nothoi), Sythia (Arcaea), Eviera (Morek Empire)

Marlboro

• Noble Lord
  • With Claws
    • View Profile
I had Bias on Dwilight, he was pretty great. Exiled from his own family, on a quest of redemption. He had adventuring friends and often was trusted with tasks given to him by the King himself. Heck, he was even a driving force behind a guild set up for adventurers. Near 100% everything, then one day he just got unlucky.

Previous to him though I had Benedicta on Beluaterra. She fought her way through hordes of baddies and traveled far from her adoptive home of Melhed, uncovering various mysteries and even offered a few grim prophecies that were later vindicated. She became a doomsday cultist and eventually received enough accolades to become a noble. From there, she distinguished herself during the Daimonic invasion and was promoted to Vice-Marshal of one of the best armies in the world.

Then she was eaten. By Daimons!
When Thalmarkans walked through the Sint land, castles went up for sale.

vonGenf

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
My first adventurer had gotten to raise his swordfighting skill to 70% and had found 5 items; he had given three against recommendations and kept two for himself. I was ready to turn him into a noble and had moved to the realm of my choice; then I realized I had to wait 7 days before I could change class and I hunted a bit to pass the time, thinking I could get a bit of starting money. He was killed two days from turning noble, with his recommendations in hand.....  :'(

I've made three advies over the years, two died and I only managed to raise one to noble. It's a though life out there, as the saying goes, poor, nasty, brutish and short
After all it's a roleplaying game.

Penchant

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
I had Bias on Dwilight, he was pretty great. Exiled from his own family, on a quest of redemption. He had adventuring friends and often was trusted with tasks given to him by the King himself. Heck, he was even a driving force behind a guild set up for adventurers. Near 100% everything, then one day he just got unlucky.

Previous to him though I had Benedicta on Beluaterra. She fought her way through hordes of baddies and traveled far from her adoptive home of Melhed, uncovering various mysteries and even offered a few grim prophecies that were later vindicated. She became a doomsday cultist and eventually received enough accolades to become a noble. From there, she distinguished herself during the Daimonic invasion and was promoted to Vice-Marshal of one of the best armies in the world.

Then she was eaten. By Daimons!
Thats awesome. Finally thought one of these stories was going to end well and she gets ate by Daimons.  ;D
“The true soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but because he loves what is behind him.”
― G.K. Chesterton

Graeth

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
I finally got one up to 90+ in swordfighting and adventuring.  Before this it had gotten a bit stale so my adventurer claimed one of the Zuma regions as his own and dueled anyone who entered it to great success.  Not sure about other realms but Asylon has a pretty large guild for adventurers which really helps facilitate roleplaying which is something I wasn't really used to with the advy class.

Pretty sure this invasion will be the death of him, though.
Geg Family: Elshon (Bel)

Vita`

• BM Dev Team
  • Honourable King
    • View Profile
I've played several advies this year.

Peter - Insulted Enweil's judge, escaping with her life to OG, served emperor well. Constantly wounded; I was expecting his death with every click wounds happened so frequently. Found unique then died days later to undead.

Carew - Sought to form a peasant revolution against Aurvandil and sent noble movements and infrastructure info to nobles in D'hara, Barca, Fissoa, and Astrum. Paused awaiting a return.

Beatrix - Was in Eston pre-Hawthorne Treaty when there were more advies than regions in the realm. Finally got sick of it and travelled south touring countryside. King Raoul threatened to hang her for something silly so she returned to Duke Merlin to pledge her service (done by stripping, burning her old clothes, and donning new silnarian clothes), leaving Eston and never going very far south. Sliced through rogues like a knife through warm butter; maybe wounded once, good skills etc. Found two uniques, sold one to Merlin, was waiting to sell another when undead felled her. That was the biggest advy dying shock.

Agnes the Man Stomper - Killed beasties, religiously motivated, noble protectors from lords to dukes. Primary benefactor had her give ruler an insulting item and...matters didn't go well. Advy taking offense at being called common-blooded insisting she was noble and noble ruler taking offense at advy insisting for an apology. Got banned, but apparently nobles fought death duels in her defense. Was almost noble before ban went through. Nobled up in Ar Agyr and turned hero. Still misses Riombara and hates Fronen from when fronenite infils were stabbing all the advies and priests they could get their hands on.

Newton - Started out trying to attack Lukon lords for stealing his sister he had love for (he was adopted, though I don't think he is aware of that though...). Broke into lord's house and hid in pantry eating their bread. Broke their window. Defecated on front step. Nothing happened. Ran away to OT, focusing on a few regions whose lords add bounties, ended up reducing to one region just sitting and hunting.

Zakilevo

I think I played my advy for roughly 6 months. He never got a unique item but got a lot of other stuff. He eventually got his ass kicked by undead champ. They are just too strong :/

Hyral

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
First adventurer was Reika on FEI. Her skill got pretty high towards the end but for the majority of her life she was just messing around with other adventurers. There was a pretty big group of us who stuck together, about 12 or so. Tons of IC chatter. Just mundane interactions that made every day fun, taking what mechanics were available to flesh things out. Really, this advy was one of my top three BM experiences. I think she only had four unique items to her name, one of which was Book of the Damned or the Doomed Book or something like that. It addled her mind a bit and yielded some pretty interesting RP with a nearby noble. She bit the dust after equipment effects were implemented :p As previous posters have related, this was a hard death to get over. (she lasted a little over one year)

Next up was Keichus on Dwilight. Again, some pretty interesting RPs. Its always fun to see how people choose to play their noble interacting with a commoner, but on the SMA island is was especially entertaining (well, she got arrested a lot.). It was a different experience in that there really weren't any other adventurers around. Joined SA (got arrested for addressing the faithful directly, which, touché), eventually learned to pretend to be on repair missions for important people in order to get out of prison. Had a fateful meeting with Artemesia who put all sorts of ideas into her head and had her running around looking for mythological creatures based on region names. She eventually dabbled in sea travel and died far from home. (same)

Now its Rena on Atamara. 7+ unique items found/created and a scroll of Pain and Suffering which she gave to someone for free on the condition that they use it on the person who killed Misericordia (her sort-of liege). Don't know if he did? Her skill is top notch and equipment is maxed out, so she needs a hobby to put her money into when not hunting, which is improving unique items. She also does the usual item repairs, in Darka, if anyone is looking. (3+ years)

Long live the adventuring class = u =

Vita`

• BM Dev Team
  • Honourable King
    • View Profile
Hyral, I always enjoyed interacting with your adventurers in years gone by (Keichus). Thank you for such opportunities. :)

Hyral

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
Hyral, I always enjoyed interacting with your adventurers in years gone by (Keichus). Thank you for such opportunities. :)

Thank you as well :] I enjoyed your RPs very much.

Dishman

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
I've always felt that the advy class was boring without emphasis on RP.

My first advy (Willy) was RP fodder. I think I played him for 4 or 5 months total. He visited every realm and most dungeons, but I only ever hunted/gathered when I need gold to move around. I think deleted him at 20% skill and only holding some mystery book and a bedroll. A lot of fun, but a failure of an advy by most measurements. He ran his course and it was a hoot.

Dredia has been my more stable effort at an advy. Maybe 6 or 7 months of servitude to whatever noble seemed interesting. She's up to 60% skill, has enough items to burden a caravan, and has found/repaired at least 5 or 6 unique items. I've paused her in favor of another RP advy, but I'll probably come back to her.

Roland I'm still not sure of. I've set a history for him, but I'm not sure where to head next. Maybe somewhere in between monster/item farming and story-telling. I've had more "amazing luck with an Adventurer" when my goals are less about skill % and items.
Eoric the Dim (Perdan), Enoch the Bright (Asylon), Emeric the Dark (Obsidian Islands)

Orobos, The Insatiable Snake (Sandalak)