Author Topic: Eponllyn on Ice  (Read 4124 times)

DeVerci

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
Eponllyn on Ice
« Topic Start: March 01, 2014, 04:10:01 AM »
The Walls of Winter   (3 hours, 56 minutes ago)
The grinding, cracking sounds people reported hearing from the fog have grown much louder and more distinct now, and large chunks of ice have been seen washing ashore on the beaches of Priotness and Jariedma. The water in Xavax's harbour is beginning to form a skin of ice in the calm areas, and the harbourmaster has been talking about ordering the ships there to leave, lest they be trapped if it freezes solid, or sunk by large chunks of ice washed in on the tide.

Above the fog, the air in the south is very clear tonight, and the full moon is remarkably bright. But an answering glow seems to come from the south, beyond the low ground fog. Lookouts in high towers in Itorunt, and even as far away as Isadril and Ibladesh, can see the moonlight reflecting off a wall of white rising high above the sea and the fog, and its glow of reflected moonlight can be seen as far north as Castle Ubent on this clear night.

Even from this far away, as impossible as it is to believe, what they see can now be unmistakably identified: it is the front edge of an immensely tall glacier, advancing inexorably upon the land.

~~~~~~~~~

Looks like Eponllyn is going to be pretty "chill" for a while. I have to admit I wasn't expecting glaciers, especially after the monster invasion. Maybe this is a sign that we should drop our swords and become expert ice carvers and rule the East Island with our artistic prowess or just freeze to death, either or.

Lychaon

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
Re: Eponllyn on Ice
« Reply #1: March 01, 2014, 05:41:59 PM »
Snowball wars, yaaayyyy!

Yeah, things look bad for Eponllyn with that huge glacier coming, but I wonder how it will affect the regions when the glacier hits them directly. Instant death for peasants and nobles there alike? Progressive emigration of peasants to other regions? An explosively fruitful ice-cream industry that will revolutionize the candy sector in the East Island?

Time will tell...

Sonya

• Mighty Duke
  • Traveling to a new world!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2: March 10, 2014, 05:02:05 PM »
When i saw the title i thought it was some Disney Show.

I am having fun on Eponllyn, Snow Trolls have sieged Itorunt 7 times in a row, every time increasing their forces. I have a big RP to make about it once the city falls.  ;)

Just imagine a group of brave warriors(Cav) staying behind, helping the people to evacuate north, while defending the south gate of Trolls. 

Brb...i have to write this!

Atanamir

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #3: March 19, 2014, 09:28:52 AM »
So what will Eponllyn do?

It seems Eponllyn is this time the stone that can bring everything to roll again...

Or I must have Atanamir to be the "bad" boy AGAIN....

Chamberlain

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #4: March 19, 2014, 01:32:34 PM »
You love being the bad boy!! - It's your role and you are the best at playing it.  What Eponllyn will or won't do is probably a question they are asking themselves imho.  You can only break your swords on the ice so long before you have to start breaking it on someone's head. 

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5: March 19, 2014, 05:15:24 PM »
So what will Eponllyn do?
We are going to march north to Sirion, cut down all their trees, then haul them back to the south. We will then start a huge bonfire to melt the advancing glaciers.
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

Atanamir

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #6: March 19, 2014, 05:17:57 PM »
We are going to march north to Sirion, cut down all their trees, then haul them back to the south. We will then start a huge bonfire to melt the advancing glaciers.

Interesting, that means no more ranged units for them as they will be out of wood to make arrows... ;)

Eduardo Almighty

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #7: March 19, 2014, 05:46:44 PM »
We can use bones... of our enemies :)
Now with the Skovgaard Family... and it's gone.
Serpentis again!

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8: March 19, 2014, 09:52:53 PM »
Ahh... a true dorf at heart... :P
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.