Author Topic: Any bets on realms capsizing?  (Read 20571 times)

Zakilevo

Re: Any bets on realms capsizing?
« Reply #45: March 04, 2014, 12:27:32 AM »
I'll bet you weren't there when we were taming western Dwilight.

Player armies need gold to remain on the field, they suffer morale loss from distance, they suffer wear, they must travel back and forth from their distant capital. Monsters do not. They can be everywhere. They drain your food twice as fast. They don't wear down, they grow if left unchecked. They never need to refit. They never have distance issues.

Sure, 4000 CS of monsters in your realm is better than 4000 CS of troops. But in my book, in almost all cases, 30 000CS of rogues is a lot more problematic than 30 000CS of player forces. Odds are that player army won't be able to stay long, while odds are, it'll take forever to deal with that rogue force, and they'll probably empty your warehouses and drop production in most of your regions to nil.

Plus, how is the West supposed to invade the East if their lands are filled with monsters? They'll be lucky to just make it out from a few troops...

I stayed in Morek as one of those silent drones doing nothing. Wasn't even interested in that. Heard a lot of stories about how hard it was to expand. Must have been fun. By the time I returned to the game, Astrum and Corsanctum were created.

Don't think Western Dwilight armies are suffering from morale. There are still several problems they have to deal with though. Equipment damage, Embark cost and location, capital location (for getting reinforcements) and provisions. But I am sure these things will be sorted out along the way if dev thinks those are causing problems.