Author Topic: Any bets on realms capsizing?  (Read 20517 times)

Menelaus

• Freeman
    • View Profile
Re: Any bets on realms capsizing?
« Reply #15: March 01, 2014, 11:40:41 PM »
In addition, western Dwilight will be reclaimed by the monsters

With this in mind, anyone want to change their guesses on which realm is going to be lost first?

Asylon... Niselur... I'm looking at the two of you.  Then again, I noticed today that the Zuma are getting hit with monsters so maybe this will cause them to take over other lands and claim them as their own?   

Wolfsong

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
    • FutureMUD
« Reply #16: March 02, 2014, 12:09:43 AM »
Makes me wonder what's considered "western" Dwilight, and what's northern, eastern, southern, etc.

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #17: March 02, 2014, 12:11:54 AM »
Makes me wonder what's considered "western" Dwilight, and what's northern, eastern, southern, etc.

It's purely western as opposed to eastern. The western subcontinent.
Timothy Collett

"The only thing you can't trade for your heart's desire...is your heart." "You are what you do.  Choose again, and change." "One of these days, someone's gonna plug you, and you're going to die saying, 'What did I say? What did I say?'"  ~ Miles Naismith Vorkosigan

Dishman

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #18: March 02, 2014, 02:01:58 AM »
"The Golden Horde of Aslyon" does have a nice ring to it....maybe "The Conquistadors of Niselur". Western realms may not be the only ones at risk.
Eoric the Dim (Perdan), Enoch the Bright (Asylon), Emeric the Dark (Obsidian Islands)

Orobos, The Insatiable Snake (Sandalak)

OFaolain

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #19: March 02, 2014, 03:14:36 AM »
"The Golden Horde of Aslyon" does have a nice ring to it....maybe "The Conquistadors of Niselur". Western realms may not be the only ones at risk.

Niselur always seemed to me to have a steppe theme to it; pity I can't have two characters on Dwilight, I'd love to have one in Niselur right now.
MacGeil Family: Cathan (Corsanctum)
Formerly the O'Faolain, then Nisbet families

guintiger

• Peasant
    • View Profile
« Reply #20: March 02, 2014, 06:55:56 AM »
I had hoped that the dispersal of the monster hordes would be a bit more equitable...but that never seems to be in the cards.  I'd personally like to see Morek fall to bits, but I doubt that will happen...instead it will just be their major competitors in the west.  Yay fairness.

Charles

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #21: March 02, 2014, 07:17:15 AM »
May I ask how the east/west decision was made?

sharkattack

• Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #22: March 02, 2014, 09:57:13 AM »
Because before western side of Dwilight had a lot of monsters before and that is why they chose to do it again. But its not fair to any western realm that have worked hard to establish themselves. They had to do something but destroying one whole side is not the way to go in my opnion. Destroying regions on the edges of the world evenly across all continents would be a lot better choice instead of just !@#$ting on one side..

D`Este

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #23: March 02, 2014, 10:29:03 AM »
Niselur will fall, starvation in combination with those monster hordes. Almost glad I kept a low profile the last week rather then doing stuff to improve the realm...

Wolfang

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #24: March 02, 2014, 01:09:53 PM »
Every realm on western dwilight will fall, it's a question of which falls first.

Solari

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #25: March 02, 2014, 01:34:37 PM »
It's just as likely that an eastern realm will fall as a result of the upheaval caused by a massive migration. At least, I sure hope that happens.

Charles

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #26: March 02, 2014, 01:52:09 PM »
I this is going to be an inevitable loss, it feels like we should just stop fighting and pull everything out of the west and join allies in the east.  The cats out of the bag, but it would have been more interesting to know that one of the sides was going to be infiltrated rather than a specific one.  I still would prefer a BT style loss of regions, extensive battles  and then the regions under the monsters control sink.

Meneldur

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #27: March 02, 2014, 04:00:06 PM »
It's just as likely that an eastern realm will fall as a result of the upheaval caused by a massive migration. At least, I sure hope that happens.

I would be surprised if they didn't- its not like this kind of thing hasn't happened before on Dwilight. If I recall correctly Asylon was supposed to be a docile Caerwynian colony before Glaumring and his lot invaded and made it the Asylon we know today.

In any case I hope people realise that this is literally the best chance they have of finally breaking the SA and Lurian hegemonies that have long dominated the eastern continent. This kind of mass-migration is exactly what is needed to shake things up.

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #28: March 02, 2014, 04:18:34 PM »
At least we'll be rid of the Zuma.

However, I do wonder how ridding the continent of half the regions will affect the recent food rebalance.
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

guintiger

• Peasant
    • View Profile
« Reply #29: March 02, 2014, 04:50:48 PM »

I seriously doubt this will happen.  The migration will strengthen the east while whole western cultures will fall apart.  I know in OOC messaging about a third of the nobles have already declared that when the inevitable happens they will march their noble into a horde of monsters and have that be the end.