Author Topic: "Silent" (auto) rebellions  (Read 10119 times)

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
Re: "Silent" (auto) rebellions
« Reply #15: June 10, 2011, 12:08:20 AM »
Then we don't make it too powerful, I guess.  I know you're a big fan of change in Council positions; I'm sure we could work with you to find a tolerable level  ;)

So...who's this "we", then?

You do know you haven't been a dev since you stormed off in a huff and tried to sabotage the bugtracker, right?
Timothy Collett

"The only thing you can't trade for your heart's desire...is your heart." "You are what you do.  Choose again, and change." "One of these days, someone's gonna plug you, and you're going to die saying, 'What did I say? What did I say?'"  ~ Miles Naismith Vorkosigan

Jens Namtrah

« Reply #16: June 10, 2011, 01:05:42 AM »
So...who's this "we", then?

You do know you haven't been a dev since you stormed off in a huff and tried to sabotage the bugtracker, right?

I was right - you DO still have a massive chip on your shoulder. How sad - I'd practically forgotten about you.

I was referring to the community he is discussing this with.

songqu88@gmail.com

« Reply #17: June 10, 2011, 01:25:16 AM »
Jeff is starting to sound pointless now, lol.

Anyway, on topic (Ironically something Jeff told ME to do in another thread) I don't think it's going to help the game much to make more chaos due to elections. That just means people will probably get even more embroiled in their own little conflicts, stopped now by mechanics in addition to egos, especially in the larger and more internally divided realms. Does it make for fun? I don't know, since with the rate that elections sometimes go, it could make for some seriously long bouts of nothing but weird anarchists running around in a realm.

Foundation

• Honourable King
  • Okay... you got me
    • View Profile
    • White Halmos
« Reply #18: June 10, 2011, 04:03:45 AM »
I was right - you DO still have a massive chip on your shoulder. How sad - I'd practically forgotten about you.

I was referring to the community he is discussing this with.

Awesome, I see how much bigger of a person you are.  Tim might have misunderstood you, but you certainly didn't misunderstand him.
The above is accurate 25% of the time, truthful 50% of the time, and facetious 100% of the time.

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19: June 10, 2011, 04:51:38 PM »
If such options are too powerful you will quickly find that elections are turned from monthly things to once for life sort of things. The idea runs a big risk of actually hindering position change.
That is true. It's definitely a balance thing. And not necessarily something that I think should be done anyway. I was just giving some examples of alternatives to the original suggestion, which I really didn't like.
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

fodder

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #20: June 10, 2011, 08:58:22 PM »
why don't you just get rid of the silly 2ndary and 3rdary votes?
firefox

egamma

« Reply #21: June 13, 2011, 01:20:16 AM »
why don't you just get rid of the silly 2ndary and 3rdary votes?

I actually like those!

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #22: June 13, 2011, 01:23:00 AM »
If such options are too powerful you will quickly find that elections are turned from monthly things to once for life sort of things. The idea runs a big risk of actually hindering position change.

Quarterly elections will become more popular for sure. And then you might have some people that will start harassing new candidates, claiming they are trying to destabilize the realm by splitting the votes and whatever.
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron