Author Topic: "today we fight back" banner  (Read 10412 times)

jaune

• Mighty Duke
  • Suck my socks!
    • View Profile
Re: "today we fight back" banner
« Reply #15: February 11, 2014, 05:06:39 PM »
You can see your hours at your main page(account), but indeed on stable island there is no "your status" link at information page  ???
~Violence is always an option!~

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #16: February 11, 2014, 05:10:48 PM »
You can see your hours at your main page(account), but indeed on stable island there is no "your status" link at information page  ???

A grievous oversight which has now been fixed.
Timothy Collett

"The only thing you can't trade for your heart's desire...is your heart." "You are what you do.  Choose again, and change." "One of these days, someone's gonna plug you, and you're going to die saying, 'What did I say? What did I say?'"  ~ Miles Naismith Vorkosigan

flames

• Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #17: February 11, 2014, 09:24:59 PM »
I guess, for a day it's no big deal, but this banner is mega-annoying.

Wolfsong

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
    • FutureMUD
« Reply #18: February 11, 2014, 11:17:33 PM »
The internet should be free for everybody and nobody should have to linger under the heel of an oppressive government SO SIGN THIS PETITION OR I WILL SPAM YOUR BROWSER FOREVER.

Man, talk about freedom... American style.

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #19: February 11, 2014, 11:36:54 PM »
The internet should be free for everybody and nobody should have to linger under the heel of an oppressive government SO SIGN THIS PETITION OR I WILL SPAM YOUR BROWSER FOREVER.

You know Tom's German, right?
Timothy Collett

"The only thing you can't trade for your heart's desire...is your heart." "You are what you do.  Choose again, and change." "One of these days, someone's gonna plug you, and you're going to die saying, 'What did I say? What did I say?'"  ~ Miles Naismith Vorkosigan

OFaolain

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #20: February 11, 2014, 11:37:40 PM »

It's Tom's site and it's for one day.  The only problem I have with it is that it covers the bottom status bar, but not that it exists.
MacGeil Family: Cathan (Corsanctum)
Formerly the O'Faolain, then Nisbet families

Wolfsong

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
    • FutureMUD
« Reply #21: February 11, 2014, 11:53:07 PM »
You know Tom's German, right?

It was more a jab at it being mandatory, you know, like American freedom.

Faulcon_deLacy

• Freeman
    • View Profile
« Reply #22: February 12, 2014, 12:41:53 AM »
It is only for today, and I find the issue important enough to do this.

If you don't agree - that's fine with me. Everyone their own opinion. But lots of people don't even know what's going on and I would much rather have 10 educated people with an opinion opposed to mine than 10 ignorant people who follow me.

The cause is not the issue, rather the presentation because the banner covers an important part of the screen for playing the game which is after all the primary reason most of us come here.  I suspect most people here are in full agreement with the sentiments raised by the petition, I also suspect that many like myself don't like it interfering with playing the game.

If for example it was on the family page (the only place it isn't) instead of in the actual game play then everyone would still see it and it wouldn't impact on playing.

T Strike

• Noble Lord
  • What happened?
    • View Profile
« Reply #23: February 12, 2014, 03:34:15 AM »
I just unpaused my character, how am I supposed to play when I can't see  my hours, gold, unit etc???

Such awful timing for you.
Westmoor: Cross... Coria: Yenom... Caelum: Gawain... Astrum: Ekirt

Gustav Kuriga

« Reply #24: February 12, 2014, 03:52:29 AM »
The cause is not the issue, rather the presentation because the banner covers an important part of the screen for playing the game which is after all the primary reason most of us come here.  I suspect most people here are in full agreement with the sentiments raised by the petition, I also suspect that many like myself don't like it interfering with playing the game.

If for example it was on the family page (the only place it isn't) instead of in the actual game play then everyone would still see it and it wouldn't impact on playing.

I for one couldn't care less with the sentiments. I personally don't trust people to all be inherently good. I find that most of the people who distrust the government in all things are deluding themselves into thinking that the average population is any better.

De-Legro

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #25: February 12, 2014, 04:02:02 AM »
I for one couldn't care less with the sentiments. I personally don't trust people to all be inherently good. I find that most of the people who distrust the government in all things are deluding themselves into thinking that the average population is any better.

Why would distrusting the government necessarily collate to trusting the general population?
Previously of the De-Legro Family
Now of representation unknown.

Kain

• Noble Lord
  • Prepared for both the book and the sword.
    • View Profile
« Reply #26: February 12, 2014, 06:03:39 AM »

The average population has neither the resources nor the interest needed for keeping records of more than the comparably few they actually know personally... + you know...famous people (and even that info is through media).

I've yet to notice a neighbour tapping my phone or collecting my private text messages. The government agencies of some nations actually does these things and if technology lets them to this to hundreds of millions, they will. The info might always be handy later is perhaps the thought.

If I haven't given away info x or y myself, it means I want it private.

Heck, I even want to delete some of the stupid things I've written online over the years. But sadly, I can't.
House of Kain: Silas (Swordfell), Epona (Nivemus)

flames

• Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #27: February 12, 2014, 03:04:18 PM »
Haha, because of this banner my char will marry some stupid prison guard, I guess.

Captured!   (5 days, 8 hours ago)
You were captured by Fronen forces during the battle in Xhahgus.

In Prison   (1 day, 8 hours ago)
You are still in prison and will be held captive for 2 more days unless you escape or pay ransom. The new ransom has been set to 48 gold.
You have made friends with a guard during the long and lonely night, and he is slipping news from the outside world into your cell (no need to bribe anyone today).

I decided to pay the relatively small ransom then and return to the world.

Returned to active duty   (20 hours, 50 minutes ago)
You have returned to your unit in Xhahgus and your men are awaiting your orders.

But because of the banner I got pissed and closed the game without giving orders, and...

Battle Results   (8 hours, 42 minutes ago)
Your small troop that attacked Xhahgus was quickly surrounded by overwhelming defending units. Vastly outnumbered, your men surrendered and you were captured.

In Prison   (8 hours, 41 minutes ago)
You are still in prison and will be held captive for 6 more days unless you escape or pay ransom. The new ransom has been set to 338 gold.
You have made friends with a guard during the long and lonely night, and he is slipping news from the outside world into your cell (no need to bribe anyone today).

The guard was obviously happy that my guy returned. I don't want to know what they were doing during those long nights!

Bendix

• Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #28: February 24, 2014, 12:05:29 AM »
Wait- that thing was sanctioned for use on the BM site? I went totally nuts going through all my antivirus software trying to figure out what got turned off! That was seriously freaking me out!

That being said, way to go standing up for internet privacy (even if it is a hopelessly idealistic cause).