Author Topic: Fined for not giving access to Banker  (Read 14493 times)

Menelaus

• Freeman
    • View Profile
Re: Fined for not giving access to Banker
« Reply #15: February 14, 2014, 02:31:47 AM »
This complaint seems to be more out of OOC reasons as the player complaining is one who was ridiculed by the ruler for supporting a region lord who allowed his region to starve and got kicked out due to the region loosing control.

Unless the player of Ragnar has multiple accounts within Morek (which I thought was against the rules of Dwilight... please correct me if I am wrong), Ragnar has made no complaints after the fines were issued.  Really, the only person complaining that was directly effected is the player of Estoole (unless Daniel has multiple accounts within Morek). 

From my stand point, Daniel saw something that he thought was wrong and brought it to everyone's attention.  I do not fault him on this as it would look poorly to be upset/fault someone who thought he was doing the right thing. 

For what it is worth, if I had thought that what I did was hindering any player's IR, I would had never have even considered fining a character. 

I guess I had nothing really new to add to this conversation so if anyone has any questions for me, I'm here to answer any. 

Tom

• BM Dev Team
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
    • BattleMaster
« Reply #16: February 14, 2014, 09:56:41 AM »
Indeed, there's no rule against this as is, but I'm somewhat surprised at how clear cut your stance is, Tom, given how much resistance there was to give bankers power over food by the dev team, specifically because of fear of this kind of behavior.

Because it is so easy: Does it violate an IR ? No it doesn't. Case closed.

Whether or not the underlying game mechanic could be improved is an entirely different question, and a lot less clear cut. One is a yes-no question ("did you break the speed limit?") and the other is a detailed background argument ("shouldn't the speed limit be different in this location?").

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17: February 14, 2014, 12:55:24 PM »
Please keep comments on topic.
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

Blue Star

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #18: February 15, 2014, 06:37:44 PM »
Sorry I have to comment ::)

The Banker position is similar to the General you have no actual power your only chance to gain it is to make people trust and believe in you to attain and make any progress. If the banker can't do it hell go to the judge they have power ^_^, though you have to make them believe you, but hey if you do get them fine better have some support through out the realm or they will not vote you into anything!

Also, if your realm/region starves... blame is on the banker but really it's that region lords fault  ;D.
I think like a sinner. Curse like a sailor. Smile like a saint. :)

Menelaus

• Freeman
    • View Profile
« Reply #19: February 26, 2014, 06:23:37 AM »
So it has been about 2 weeks since this was first posted.  Since I've never dealt with the magistrates (and as such, is unfamiliar with the process), what is the typical time for deliberation and sentencing? 

I don't want to make you guys feel like I am trying to rush you or anything.  I am just curious and I haven't heard anything in a while. 

Bael

• Mighty Duke
  • Have sword, will travel!
    • View Profile
« Reply #20: February 26, 2014, 06:59:59 AM »
From what I have read, this case was dismissed before it went to trial.