Author Topic: Account hacked? (Paused)  (Read 2857 times)

Ohzen

• Knight
    • View Profile
Account hacked? (Paused)
« Topic Start: February 15, 2014, 01:51:03 PM »
Recently one of my characters got paused 1 day before I should have become the new Ruler of my realm. He got paused somewhere around 2am, I was sound asleep that time. There is no chance at all that I have paused my favourite Character I was playing every !@#$ing day or that it even happened from my computer!

Due to pausing, he loses the following:
    His unit is set up as a local militia.
    He is removed as Banker.
    He is removed as Judge.
    He is removed as Marshal.
    He vacates his estate.
    He loses his position as Margrave
    He loses his position as Duke

Is there at least a way I can let him unpause earlier?

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
Re: Account hacked? (Paused)
« Reply #1: February 15, 2014, 01:53:13 PM »
Do you have a malicious roommate, or family member? We've seen that happen before.
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

Ohzen

• Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #2: February 15, 2014, 02:13:55 PM »
Unfortunately I live alone or else I would have broken someones neck allready... I cant think of anyone who knows how much it would piss me of and got the possibility to log onto my account and knows exactly what to do.

I hope he can be unpaused earlier somehow...
« Last Edit: February 15, 2014, 02:19:41 PM by Ohzen »

OFaolain

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #3: February 15, 2014, 02:25:35 PM »
Unfortunately I live alone or else I would have broken someones neck allready... I cant think of anyone who knows how much it would piss me of and got the possibility to log onto my account and knows exactly what to do.

I hope he can be unpaused earlier somehow...

I'd take a look at any of your other accounts that use the same password as battlemaster (and run a malware scan) and make sure they haven't been affected too.  And then change your password.

Is there a limit on how long a character has to be paused before they unpause?  I thought Corsanctum was going to be interesting under Wassiley (he's a hoot, rhymes with coot :P); is there any way the character can get his positions restored by GM action or would the realm have to get together to get him his spots back.  Getting hacked is a lame way to lose your stuff.
MacGeil Family: Cathan (Corsanctum)
Formerly the O'Faolain, then Nisbet families

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #4: February 15, 2014, 03:43:49 PM »
Recently one of my characters got paused 1 day before I should have become the new Ruler of my realm. He got paused somewhere around 2am, I was sound asleep that time. There is no chance at all that I have paused my favourite Character I was playing every !@#$ing day or that it even happened from my computer!

What is the character and family name, and what is the time he paused, as near as you can tell?
Timothy Collett

"The only thing you can't trade for your heart's desire...is your heart." "You are what you do.  Choose again, and change." "One of these days, someone's gonna plug you, and you're going to die saying, 'What did I say? What did I say?'"  ~ Miles Naismith Vorkosigan

Ohzen

• Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #5: February 15, 2014, 03:49:13 PM »
Wassiley Makej'ev, Corsanctum, Dwilight

Paused 2-3am +1GMT

Jaden

• Noble Lord
  • Jameel, Jabari, Jadyn, Jerold
    • View Profile
« Reply #6: February 15, 2014, 06:37:09 PM »
I saw one of your characters being unpaused in Riombara then was immediately paused again. Well if you are going to be ruler, maybe I should make my return to Corsanctum  8)
PM me for the Dota 2 guild.
"Darka would like to thank CE and co for their generous offerings, the Holy Volcano will be filled up for days with all these offerings!"-Jaret Jaron's last words

Ohzen

• Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #7: February 15, 2014, 07:38:33 PM »
Long and funny story why I left Riombara... I dont like the character I was playing there too much and the time I joined someone in RL turned my chin into a bag of marbles and I thought Ill got to stay in hospital for a while.

Corsanctum, Sanguis Astroism and I think even whole Dwilight is rather intersting right now. I had to sht on other peoples lawn to become regent but what happened is just a bad joke. I feel kinda proud to be the target of someone hacking my account. Still Im really pissed and hope that its not too much of a problem to unpause a character earlier! Unfortunately I guess it is... Corsanctum is in for a lot of trouble thanks to this.
« Last Edit: February 15, 2014, 07:42:58 PM by Ohzen »

Ohzen

• Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #8: February 16, 2014, 01:15:04 PM »
Splendid! I got unpaused! Unfortunately I still cant play because the    play / quickplay - pause - del    options are not there. Just looks like someone cut it out.

I cant even play any other of my characters anymore... it just gives me that message:

It seems you have attempted to access a character that is not available for playing at this time, probably through a direct link, maybe a bookmark or browser history. Please go through the family page to access your characters.

The reason for the character's unavailability, if any, is: "".

I loged onto a friends account, with her permission, to try if it works with her account and it did worked just as it should.
« Last Edit: February 16, 2014, 01:18:31 PM by Ohzen »

Ohzen

• Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #9: February 17, 2014, 12:01:16 PM »
Problem solved itself...?