Author Topic: A Breath of Cold  (Read 9595 times)

T Strike

• Noble Lord
  • What happened?
    • View Profile
Re: A Breath of Cold
« Reply #15: February 21, 2014, 10:54:21 PM »
This is getting interesting..
Westmoor: Cross... Coria: Yenom... Caelum: Gawain... Astrum: Ekirt

Zakilevo

« Reply #16: February 21, 2014, 10:56:13 PM »
For those who don't remember / don't know: http://forum.battlemaster.org/index.php/topic,4995.msg116476.html#msg116476

Ah so whichever part of each continent that got mentioned in the message will probably get more monsters huh

T Strike

• Noble Lord
  • What happened?
    • View Profile
« Reply #17: February 21, 2014, 11:09:42 PM »
Pangeabattlemaster
Westmoor: Cross... Coria: Yenom... Caelum: Gawain... Astrum: Ekirt

Dishman

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #18: February 21, 2014, 11:48:19 PM »
Have you seen the ancient SpellMaster era map?

http://wiki.battlemaster.org/wiki/File:Bm_map_old.jpg

East Island is East because it is on the east side of the map. It is east of the Colonies, and north of the South island.

I had always thought of the colonies as being far north/south, with shorter days from the planets axis. This is neat, though. Anyone else have any more? Maybe we can throw together a map with the direction of these events for a focal point.
Eoric the Dim (Perdan), Enoch the Bright (Asylon), Emeric the Dark (Obsidian Islands)

Orobos, The Insatiable Snake (Sandalak)

Velax

• Honourable King
  • House de Vere
    • View Profile
« Reply #19: February 22, 2014, 12:28:02 AM »
Ah so whichever part of each continent that got mentioned in the message will probably get more monsters huh

If the north/south part of the message does mean anything, it would be the opposite of what you said - the animals aren't going to move toward the monsters, are they.

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #20: February 22, 2014, 12:28:54 AM »
If the north/south part of the message does mean anything, it would be the opposite of what you said - the animals aren't going to move toward the monsters, are they.

Directions were mentioned twice in the message.
Timothy Collett

"The only thing you can't trade for your heart's desire...is your heart." "You are what you do.  Choose again, and change." "One of these days, someone's gonna plug you, and you're going to die saying, 'What did I say? What did I say?'"  ~ Miles Naismith Vorkosigan

Velax

• Honourable King
  • House de Vere
    • View Profile
« Reply #21: February 22, 2014, 12:30:02 AM »
Oh, so they were. My mistake.

Dishman

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #22: February 22, 2014, 02:44:19 AM »
Maybe we can throw together a map with the direction of these events for a focal point.

Well, I threw something together from what I could ascertain. Looks like animals are fleeing the direction of Atamara.  ;)

« Last Edit: February 22, 2014, 02:50:12 AM by Dishman »
Eoric the Dim (Perdan), Enoch the Bright (Asylon), Emeric the Dark (Obsidian Islands)

Orobos, The Insatiable Snake (Sandalak)

Foxglove

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #23: February 22, 2014, 03:56:09 AM »
Animals on Atamara are moving south, which appears to be the same direction as they're moving on BT. In both cases, they're moving away from the icy, snow covered, northern regions. So something is coming out of the polar ice cap? Eternal winter and the big freeze?

Not sure how that factors into the directions of migration on other islands, but since the messages (on all islands?) mention seasonal migration of animals, it seems that they're all moving away from the colder regions of the maps towards the warmer, more summerly, regions.

Interesting stuff.

Atanamir

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #24: February 22, 2014, 11:12:36 AM »
Have you seen the ancient SpellMaster era map?

http://wiki.battlemaster.org/wiki/File:Bm_map_old.jpg

East Island is East because it is on the east side of the map. It is east of the Colonies, and north of the South island.

I miss the Civilization games, esp Civ2.

Lychaon

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #25: February 22, 2014, 02:36:12 PM »
I think I'm going to have my character abducting all Asylonian sheep that has ran away from the north, and found a prosperous wool industry in southern Dwilight  :D

Menelaus

• Freeman
    • View Profile
« Reply #26: February 22, 2014, 06:54:16 PM »
I think I'm going to have my character abducting all Asylonian sheep that has ran away from the north, and found a prosperous wool industry in southern Dwilight  :D

We could use some nice wool sweaters and blankets up here in the North.  Especially with this coldness coming in.