Author Topic: What is going on?!  (Read 9301 times)

Bael

• Mighty Duke
  • Have sword, will travel!
    • View Profile
Re: What is going on?!
« Topic Start: February 27, 2014, 10:28:16 PM »
Hello Chartreuse_King, and welcome to this great game! You'd do great on visiting the wiki, since many of these questions are answered there:

http://wiki.battlemaster.org/wiki/Manual:Getting_Started

Anyway, I'll give my little personal piece of advice.

1. If you mean how to see where you are in every moment, you'll see at the bottom of your character's screen the name of the region you are. Note that in Battlemaster, there're no cities or towns "inside" the regions, but different kind of regions, amongst which some of them are Townsland, Cities and such. You can access a global map of the continent you are at, going to: Information_ Global information_ Dynamic map

I personally prefer the political map, especially if you are just starting out. It gives you simpler information, and loads quicker. You can also click on the regions more easily.

You can also see some small amount of the nearby lands in your "travel" map.

3. Rogues are rebels, peasants, rabble... call it as you like. When starvation or lack of control by a realm over a region causes a revolt and there're no troops to keep order, the region will go rogue. It won't belong to any realm until somebody "convinces" the peasants to join the realm back.

More frequently monsters and undead, of which there are currently many infesting most realms across the game. It is part of an event, and it is uncertain what shall happen...

4. It really depends on each realm's situation. If you've got already an estate, sometimes it'll be to go to the capital to recruit some more men, or whatever...

The first really important thing that you can do to have good start is to introduce your character to the realm. The characters who talk will almost always get positions over those who don't. You can also get ingame/IC advice from people in your realm. Especially your lord.

In terms of movement, people normally travel to the capital. You can find out where your capital is by going to "information/realm and regions". You can get some more troops, and some healers (orders/paraphernalia). In region along the way you can get scouts.

Finally, I wouldn't rush it. Battlemaster takes time. Lots of it. And not in that you need to spend hours at a time, but most things happen over a long time period. You don't need to worry about making mistakes because you don't know enough. You will continue to learn for months and years to come as you play.

PS: some of this has already been said, as it was posted while I was typing, but too lazy to re-edit.