Author Topic: Noble density per realm - Dwilight  (Read 82523 times)

Buffalkill

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
Re: Noble density per realm - Dwilight
« Reply #15: April 10, 2014, 02:42:49 PM »
And none of that would prove what you've been claiming: that there has been an increase in new players leaving since the game's peak, and that that is caused by a lack of interesting things for newbies to do. Because a) we don't have statistical data going back 6+ years, and b) even if we did, it wouldn't include the reasons people left. Just because someone leaves a week into the game doesn't mean they would have stayed if there had been 17 extra buttons for them to click that gave them shiny points.

BattleMaster is a very niche game. It isn't for everyone. I would expect many people who try it out to decide that they don't actually like it within a week or two, regardless of how much easier we make the learning curve and more fun we make the new player experience. And yes, this is a problem, but it's not one we can solve without turning BattleMaster into WoW or DotA. Which we (obviously) can't and won't.
That's not at all what I said. I just said that being a lowly knight is boring, and I think that the density figures posted at the top of this thread support that because, they show that we have about 50% more lords than knights. Your plan reduces the number of lords by reducing the number of regions, but it remains to be seen whether the former lords will still have an interest after the dust settles and they've been demoted to lowly knights, and whether new knights will stay in the game given that there will be fewer opportunities for them to get "promoted".

Also, I'm not asking for data going back 6+ years. Whatever was happening back then (apparently it awesome) has really no bearing on the present situation. And I didn't ask you to provide the players' reasons for leaving, as I don't expect that you would have a record of that. I asked for player data that I assume you do have, because a large enough sample would reveal certain patterns that would provide insight into player behaviour. You keep saying you want evidence, well this is what evidence would look like.