Author Topic: Noble density per realm - Dwilight  (Read 82364 times)

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
Re: Noble density per realm - Dwilight
« Reply #165: November 24, 2014, 02:47:03 PM »
Many of the continents' geographies are detrimental to gameplay. They are too linear, which minimizes the number of neighbors each realm has and their proximity to other realms. BT's main geographic problem is Riombara, which has a ton of very wealthy cities packed together, forever away from anyone else.

Merging the continents is the only method of increasing opportunity. In the example I provided, Riombara would become just a sea zone away from D'Hara, Fissoa, and Cagilan Empire. Keeping a part of the land mass north of CE's river would also allow for a diminished Talerium there. Even Luria and Stromban would become about as close to Rio as Melhed currently is, which is currently the minimum distance Rio has to travel to do anything. Astrum would gain Thalmarkin, AA, and Melhed as neighbors. Swordfell would gain Obsidian Islands (and though I had removed it in that map, I think Perdan should remain as well). Morek would gain Obsidian Islands, Whetham, Lukon, and Oritolon. Aran and Minas Thalion would gain Nivemus. Coralynth would gain Caligus and Sirion, Ohnar West would gain Caligus as well. South-west FEI would gain access to South-East Atamara. And so on.

Note that I did that map long ago. With hindsight, I'd remove less landmass than I thought of back then, namely to reduce the large inner seas and avoid completely removing realms for no reason (such as Cathay).
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron