Author Topic: Noble density per realm - Dwilight  (Read 82466 times)

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
Re: Noble density per realm - Dwilight
« Reply #165: November 24, 2014, 04:52:46 PM »
I think there will be a big difference here: everyone will be on the same page, so players would not feel being unfairly screwed.

I don't think you understand what makes people upset about this kind of thing at all.

First of all, no, everyone would not be on the same page. Just because you think it's a good idea doesn't mean everyone would, nor even that everyone would understand just what was happening.

Second of all, everyone would not be getting equal treatment, simply because that's totally impossible when restructuring maps in any way. One realm would have essentially no change, while another would suddenly have three other realms bordering theirs—which, depending on the relative sizes of the realms, could be a benefit or a serious detriment.

In short, it really is not possible to make any kind of major change to the way continents are structured—either merging or redrawing—without there being massive complaining, and probably a lot of people leaving the game.
Timothy Collett

"The only thing you can't trade for your heart's desire...is your heart." "You are what you do.  Choose again, and change." "One of these days, someone's gonna plug you, and you're going to die saying, 'What did I say? What did I say?'"  ~ Miles Naismith Vorkosigan