Author Topic: New Buildings  (Read 6268 times)

JeVondair

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
    • SWTOR Reapers Guild
New Buildings
« Topic Start: March 12, 2014, 03:46:40 PM »
It occurs to me that as the Lords and Masters of all we survey, we should be able to construct buildings that improve the standard of living for our devoted peasantry: Theaters to decrease the rate of losing morale, Mill's to decrease total grain consumption, waterwheel's in riverland regions or mines in Mountainous regions to increase production and/or gold with less peasantry. Churches should have apothecaries that increase birth rates.

And with food seemingly more of a problem than ever before, lets start fishing with Harbors!

Just some food for thought from a hopeful fan of the game!
"Behavior that's admired is the path to power among people everywhere"

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
Re: New Buildings
« Reply #1: March 12, 2014, 05:17:14 PM »
We have long wanted to enhance knight's estates by allowing them to create buildings on their estates. One of the ideas to go along with it is that the buildings would have effects that could alter things in the region.
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #2: March 12, 2014, 06:41:41 PM »
We have long wanted to enhance knight's estates by allowing them to create buildings on their estates. One of the ideas to go along with it is that the buildings would have effects that could alter things in the region.

Moscow used to be divided into a bunch of districts where each was basically a city of its own, with its own theatres (because who would be so poor as to go to another noble's theatre?) and the like. Kind of sounds like what you are proposing.
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

Charles

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #3: March 12, 2014, 07:28:31 PM »
This would be wonderful.  I am guessing as with most things this will take a while to be implemented.  Is any of this under actual development or is it just an idea?

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #4: March 12, 2014, 09:59:17 PM »
This would be wonderful.  I am guessing as with most things this will take a while to be implemented.  Is any of this under actual development or is it just an idea?
It is only a vague concept right now. There are no resources devoted to it, nor any real plans.

JeVondair

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
    • SWTOR Reapers Guild
« Reply #5: March 21, 2014, 02:05:16 PM »
It is only a vague concept right now. There are no resources devoted to it, nor any real plans.

Is there anything that we, your adoring fans and devotees, can do to alter that?
"Behavior that's admired is the path to power among people everywhere"

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #6: March 21, 2014, 04:58:01 PM »
Bring in about 500 new players.

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #7: March 21, 2014, 05:12:27 PM »
Bring in about 500 new players.

Actually, in this case, even that's not going to help at all.

The only thing that can increase the rate of development is more dedicated volunteer developers.
Timothy Collett

"The only thing you can't trade for your heart's desire...is your heart." "You are what you do.  Choose again, and change." "One of these days, someone's gonna plug you, and you're going to die saying, 'What did I say? What did I say?'"  ~ Miles Naismith Vorkosigan

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #8: March 21, 2014, 05:13:56 PM »
With new players, comes new interest. And somewhere in that 500 people may actually be a new dev that actually wants, and is able, to contribute.

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #9: March 21, 2014, 05:14:46 PM »
With new players, comes new interest. And somewhere in that 500 people may actually be a new dev that actually wants, and is able, to contribute.

Sure, but it is, at best, an indirect method of obtaining the desired result.
Timothy Collett

"The only thing you can't trade for your heart's desire...is your heart." "You are what you do.  Choose again, and change." "One of these days, someone's gonna plug you, and you're going to die saying, 'What did I say? What did I say?'"  ~ Miles Naismith Vorkosigan

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #10: March 21, 2014, 05:18:42 PM »
The only direct method would be to provide money to hire a coder.

Penchant

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #11: March 21, 2014, 06:05:53 PM »
Is there anything that we, your adoring fans and devotees, can do to alter that?
Be nice to the Dev Team. As stated, the only thing going to change it is more devs. Who wants to join a Dev Team where you get constantly accused of incompetence, idiocy, and manipulating things in favor of your characters or against those your characters dislike?
“The true soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but because he loves what is behind him.”
― G.K. Chesterton

Thehatter

« Reply #12: March 21, 2014, 06:37:58 PM »
How does one become a Dev and what are the responsibilities?

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #13: March 21, 2014, 06:42:05 PM »
How does one become a Dev and what are the responsibilities?

One applies to Tom.

The prerequisites are a thorough knowledge of PHP, and ideally some experience with the Doctrine ORM framework.

The responsibilities include fixing bugs and coding new features for the game.
Timothy Collett

Vita`

• BM Dev Team
  • Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #14: March 22, 2014, 03:28:02 AM »
The only direct method would be to provide money to hire a coder.

On that note, may I introduce tip4commit.com? It is intended for open source projects and requires cryptocurrencies to one's regular national currencies, but I figure the code itself could be reused for BM's closed source development. This would allow people to donate to a dev fund and for those funds to be given to devs based on their commits. Currently its a simple 1% of pot per commit, but there is current development work on being able to tag commits with varying levels of importance (free, tiny, small, average, large, giant etc.) for different reward levels and other payment customizations (mostly suited for github).