Author Topic: You are currently an adventurer in <realm> owned by the lord of <blank>  (Read 6522 times)

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
Every character in the game is bound to a region. Even nobles are bound to a region. For a freeman, this is especially important. They receive various bonuses to questing (and possibly others? Not sure...) when they are closer to their home region. So it is important for them to know what their home region is. I personally don't care about the terminology between "bound"/"owned". Whatever the experts say, I'd go along with.
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

vonGenf

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
Every character in the game is bound to a region. Even nobles are bound to a region. For a freeman, this is especially important. They receive various bonuses to questing (and possibly others? Not sure...) when they are closer to their home region. So it is important for them to know what their home region is. I personally don't care about the terminology between "bound"/"owned". Whatever the experts say, I'd go along with.

I feel "bound" really emphasizes the link with the region, while "owned" emphasizes a personal link with the lord. In the case of advy, bound would be much better.
After all it's a roleplaying game.