Author Topic: Corsanctum Attempting Strategic Capital Move  (Read 14724 times)

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
So if a realm loses its capital to glacier/monsters, does it have to choose a city away from the frontlines as the new capital as long as there is one available?

Not necessarily. I think it would have to be a case-by-case determination.

To give some locally relevant examples that I hope show my thought process:

• If Kindara's capital had been Osaliel, then moving the capital to Masahakon after Osaliel fell would have been no problem whatsoever. It is a large city near the center of their realm.
  • I would consider it a mildly gray area for Kindara to move their capital to Zonasa or Taop, but I wouldn't press the issue hard. They are both relatively small, recently-taken cities, but they've held them for a few weeks now, and under the circumstances, I could certainly see them being worried about Masahakon (and other cities further to the southwest) getting iced.
  • I would consider it quite inappropriate for Kindara to move their capital to Ipsosez. It is a region they've held for a very short time, it's not in very good shape, and not only is it directly on the front line of the war, it's actually a bit of a stretch from the bulk of their regions. It's also a stronghold, rather than a city, which I would consider a minor point against it in this matter. I think the most important consideration, though, is that it is well out into their frontier, while there are multiple more suitable candidates available.

Timothy Collett

"The only thing you can't trade for your heart's desire...is your heart." "You are what you do.  Choose again, and change." "One of these days, someone's gonna plug you, and you're going to die saying, 'What did I say? What did I say?'"  ~ Miles Naismith Vorkosigan