Author Topic: Corsanctum Attempting Strategic Capital Move  (Read 14822 times)

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
Re: Corsanctum Attempting Strategic Capital Move
« Reply #15: March 22, 2014, 07:21:02 PM »
I think the fact that you view it as necessarily the "smart" decision shows just how deep the misunderstanding goes about the reasoning for this rule in the first place.

Why, in real-world terms, would it be "smart" to put your capital city—the seat of your entire realm's government—on the front line of a war? Remember, the fact that it is also your sole recruitment base is an OOC restriction intended to maintain gameplay balance.

Frankly, it's comments like these that make me want to implement stiff penalties for having your capital sacked, or even just losing a battle there to any significant number of enemy troops. Maybe if, say, tax collection was suspended for two full weeks after such an event due to the civil turmoil, people might think twice about the front line being a strategically "smart" place for their capital....

Moscow doesn't look very central to me...

Nor Ottawa... Heck, Ottawa was chosen SPECIFICALLY for strategic reasons. Don't go telling me nations didn't have strategic considerations when they chose where to install their capitals...
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron