Author Topic: Newcomer can't be appointed?  (Read 1923 times)

bofeng

• Knight
    • View Profile
Newcomer can't be appointed?
« Topic Start: March 22, 2014, 11:34:16 PM »
I just want to know how many days a newcomer has to wait before he can be appointed as a region lord?

My character left a realm, setting to refusing all positions. Four days after joining the new realm, he still can't change back and get appointed.

I think the right to vote and the right to be appointed should be two separate things, but that's another topic. I just want to know how many more days I have to wait.

"As a newcomer to this realm, you can not yet vote."

Zakilevo

Re: Newcomer can't be appointed?
« Reply #1: March 22, 2014, 11:44:33 PM »
Wasn't it for 14 days?

bofeng

• Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #2: March 22, 2014, 11:46:57 PM »
Then that's not right. Refusing to take positions in one realm doesn't mean refusing to take positions in the new one. The system should not work in this way...

Zakilevo

« Reply #3: March 23, 2014, 12:04:57 AM »
Oh wait. Did you set your settings to prevent yourself from taking positions? Then you will have to uncheck those boxes to enable others to appoint you.

bofeng

• Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #4: March 23, 2014, 12:09:37 AM »
I tried. Once you try to change the setting, the system says you can uncheck them, because your are a newcomer. That does not make sense to me if I have to wait for 14 days.

Zakilevo

« Reply #5: March 23, 2014, 01:06:14 AM »
I tried. Once you try to change the setting, the system says you can uncheck them, because your are a newcomer. That does not make sense to me if I have to wait for 14 days.

That sucks. You probably should have unchecked them before joining a new realm it seems. Restrictions are there for reasons though.

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6: March 23, 2014, 03:24:19 AM »
It's probably a relic of the old voting system. Under the old system, voting and refusing positions were on the same page. You were locked out for the page for 14 days or so after switching realms, so you couldn't vote.

Sounds like something that should be fixed. Voting is no longer on that page, and I don't see any particular reason that we need to lock out position refusal options after swapping realms.
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.