Author Topic: Captured by a bunch of rogues  (Read 2549 times)

Buffalkill

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
Captured by a bunch of rogues
« Topic Start: March 22, 2014, 04:21:17 AM »

You have been captured by a bunch of rogues, and from what you can guess through the dark hood they threw over your head, you are being brought deep into the forest. You have no idea what they might be up to.

My character was captured presumably by ice daemons on Atamara. In the past when I've been captured by enemies, there was some indication of how long I'd be in prison and there were a few things I could do while in captivity, such as send messages and attempt to bribe the guards, but in this instance I have no information, no messages and no actions. Can anybody tell me if and when I might get to play again? Incidentally I might also suggest the developers re-think this feature as it's sort of a buzz kill.

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
Re: Captured by a bunch of rogues
« Reply #1: March 22, 2014, 02:28:40 PM »
All prison terms are the same: 7 days. However, I believe you should get options for bribing the guards (and other normal prison options) after a day has passed.

Being captured by rogues is inherently less interactive than being captured by humans, because there's no Judge or anyone actually monitoring you. There are no plans to change this.

Yes, sometimes things happen to you in BattleMaster that suck. That's part of life, and part of the game.
Timothy Collett

"The only thing you can't trade for your heart's desire...is your heart." "You are what you do.  Choose again, and change." "One of these days, someone's gonna plug you, and you're going to die saying, 'What did I say? What did I say?'"  ~ Miles Naismith Vorkosigan

Gustav Kuriga

« Reply #2: March 22, 2014, 04:40:44 PM »
All prison terms are the same: 7 days. However, I believe you should get options for bribing the guards (and other normal prison options) after a day has passed.

Being captured by rogues is inherently less interactive than being captured by humans, because there's no Judge or anyone actually monitoring you. There are no plans to change this.

Yes, sometimes things happen to you in BattleMaster that suck. That's part of life, and part of the game.

No, I think he means there are literally no actions he can take, such as bribing the guards to send out letters and such.

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #3: March 22, 2014, 04:58:01 PM »
No, I think he means there are literally no actions he can take, such as bribing the guards to send out letters and such.

He should see a page that's very like the regular prison page, but says something along the lines of

You have been captured by a band of rogues, and are being held in their hideout. It is not really a proper prison, and much easier to escape from then the deep dungeons of other realms.

It should not have the option to bribe the guards, but it should have occasional options to escape, and the option to pay the ransom once the ransom has been set.
Timothy Collett

"The only thing you can't trade for your heart's desire...is your heart." "You are what you do.  Choose again, and change." "One of these days, someone's gonna plug you, and you're going to die saying, 'What did I say? What did I say?'"  ~ Miles Naismith Vorkosigan

Dishman

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #4: March 22, 2014, 05:22:42 PM »
It makes for fun RP. I remember getting caught by some rogues and RP'd my character trapped in the feeding dens of a cave full of monsters.
Eoric the Dim (Perdan), Enoch the Bright (Asylon), Emeric the Dark (Obsidian Islands)

Orobos, The Insatiable Snake (Sandalak)

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5: March 22, 2014, 09:24:41 PM »
Rogue prisons are also easier to escape, IIRC.
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

Disturbedyang

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #6: March 23, 2014, 06:56:08 PM »
It's slightly different since the implementation of all this glacier and monsters infestation. I got captured in Dwillight and the options was much lesser. Can't remember the exact details however. And the chances of escaping dropped considerably. I was in the prison for the full one week before being released.

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #7: March 23, 2014, 06:57:10 PM »
It's slightly different since the implementation of all this glacier and monsters infestation. I got captured in Dwillight and the options was much lesser. Can't remember the exact details however. And the chances of escaping dropped considerably. I was in the prison for the full one week before being released.

Since I haven't actually changed anything regarding rogue prison for the Ice Age (at least not yet ;D ), that's either a bug or just bad luck.
Timothy Collett

Buffalkill

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #8: March 24, 2014, 02:18:42 AM »
Now I have the 'Pay the ransom' option (although I don't have enough gold) but on the first day it wasn't even an option. I still can't send messages or bribe the guard.

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #9: March 24, 2014, 02:52:23 AM »
Now I have the 'Pay the ransom' option (although I don't have enough gold) but on the first day it wasn't even an option.

That's true in any prison.
Timothy Collett