Author Topic: Monster evolution  (Read 1755 times)

Velax

• Honourable King
  • House de Vere
    • View Profile
Monster evolution
« Topic Start: March 25, 2014, 11:05:46 AM »
We were passing through a rogue city and some monsters happened to be there. These monsters not only took advantage of the city's fortifications, but remained behind them for 10 turns of the battle.

Is this normal? Or are we seeing some new evolution of monsterkind?

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
Re: Monster evolution
« Reply #1: March 25, 2014, 12:44:43 PM »
Well, I haven't changed anything in monster combat mechanics. So it's probably just the way monsters would normally behave behind fortifications, only we almost never get to see that.
Timothy Collett

"The only thing you can't trade for your heart's desire...is your heart." "You are what you do.  Choose again, and change." "One of these days, someone's gonna plug you, and you're going to die saying, 'What did I say? What did I say?'"  ~ Miles Naismith Vorkosigan

Velax

• Honourable King
  • House de Vere
    • View Profile
« Reply #2: March 25, 2014, 01:08:08 PM »
Fair enough. I guess the next question is, should rogues ever be able to use fortifications?

trying

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #3: March 25, 2014, 04:18:04 PM »
Well that's basically the same question as should rogues be able to dig in which they can currently

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4: March 25, 2014, 05:46:51 PM »
If the rogues forces are the defenders in a rogue region, why not? Rogue forces will use your siege engines if you are both attackers going against fortifications. I always found it kinda funny when you share your siege engines with an undead horde.
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

Gustav Kuriga

« Reply #5: March 25, 2014, 07:23:26 PM »
If the rogues forces are the defenders in a rogue region, why not? Rogue forces will use your siege engines if you are both attackers going against fortifications. I always found it kinda funny when you share your siege engines with an undead horde.

Makes for some interesting roleplay...

Zakilevo

« Reply #6: March 26, 2014, 06:29:16 AM »

There had been some battles where monsters/undead forces actually used SEs and did something your usual TLs couldn't accomplish. I still remember a battle where 1.4k undead horde wreaked havoc while my own unit got pushed out of the wall... :(