Author Topic: The Zuma  (Read 10359 times)

Velax

• Honourable King
  • House de Vere
    • View Profile
The Zuma
« Topic Start: March 26, 2014, 02:13:16 PM »
So what's going to happen with the Zuma when western Dwilignt is abandoned? They'll still be there, I assume, but no one's going to be able to interact with them.

Stabbity

• Marketing
  • Mighty Duke
  • Formerly the Himoura Family. Currently ?????????
    • View Profile
Re: The Zuma
« Reply #1: March 26, 2014, 02:56:37 PM »
I hear they're looking for new water front property in and around the Port Raviel region. Though with the recent crash in the D'haran housing market, who knows?
Life is a dance, it is only fitting that death sing the tune.

Wolfsong

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
    • FutureMUD
« Reply #2: March 27, 2014, 12:39:47 AM »
This brings up an interesting question - when the realms in West Dwilight migrate, what happens to the western chunk of the island? Is it frozen or made impossible to travel through, or could enterprising nobles still attempt to fight and colonize parts of it?

sharkattack

• Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #3: March 27, 2014, 02:02:57 AM »
If you can recolonize it what was the point of moving all western realms to the east?

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #4: March 27, 2014, 02:33:12 AM »
If you can recolonize it what was the point of moving all western realms to the east?

Good to see someone's been paying attention. ;D
Timothy Collett

"The only thing you can't trade for your heart's desire...is your heart." "You are what you do.  Choose again, and change." "One of these days, someone's gonna plug you, and you're going to die saying, 'What did I say? What did I say?'"  ~ Miles Naismith Vorkosigan

Wolfang

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #5: March 27, 2014, 03:47:00 AM »
It can be fun, that's why.

Buffalkill

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #6: March 27, 2014, 04:14:44 AM »
I think what wolfsong was asking is, will western Dwilight be "roped off" so that characters don't even have the option to travel there, or will it simply be uninhabitable? In other words, if a character wanted to go traipsing around in western Dwilight, however pointless, would they be able, or will the option be taken away by the developers?

Wolfsong

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
    • FutureMUD
« Reply #7: March 27, 2014, 04:54:49 AM »
Bingo. As soon as people migrate east, is the western island just going to be magically impassable, or will you still be able to travel, fight, and attempt to colonize parts of it (attempt being the key word, as I imagine monster CS will remain high.)

Zakilevo

« Reply #8: March 27, 2014, 06:36:25 AM »
I believe Tim never said it will be covered with ice or become impassable. He simply said it will be 'reclaimed' by monsters.

Obviously many people do not know what it was like to be in the good old days when it was very difficult to colonize Western Dwilight. I am guessing it will be worse than before until the player density goes up.

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9: March 27, 2014, 05:01:30 PM »
I think what wolfsong was asking is, will western Dwilight be "roped off" so that characters don't even have the option to travel there, or will it simply be uninhabitable? In other words, if a character wanted to go traipsing around in western Dwilight, however pointless, would they be able, or will the option be taken away by the developers?
So far as I am aware, there are no plans to prevent players from attempting to move through the western lands. Nor even from attempting to recolonize the lands. IOW: we will not be removing the option to travel into the regions, nor from running TOs.
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #10: March 27, 2014, 05:10:37 PM »
IOW: we will not be removing the option to travel into the regions, nor from running TOs.

This is correct.

So far as I am aware, there are no plans to prevent players from attempting to move through the western lands. Nor even from attempting to recolonize the lands.

But this is somewhat misleading.

Parts of it are still TBD, but suffice it to say, there won't be any easy way to get into the interior of the continent in one piece.
Timothy Collett

"The only thing you can't trade for your heart's desire...is your heart." "You are what you do.  Choose again, and change." "One of these days, someone's gonna plug you, and you're going to die saying, 'What did I say? What did I say?'"  ~ Miles Naismith Vorkosigan

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11: March 27, 2014, 05:34:01 PM »
Parts of it are still TBD, but suffice it to say, there won't be any easy way to get into the interior of the continent in one piece.
I never said it would be easy. Just that they could "attempt" it. ;)
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #12: March 27, 2014, 06:24:21 PM »
I never said it would be easy. Just that they could "attempt" it. ;)

"And anyone can merely hunt the Boar..."
Timothy Collett

Wolfsong

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
    • FutureMUD
« Reply #13: March 28, 2014, 12:12:41 AM »
« Last Edit: March 28, 2014, 12:16:23 AM by Wolfsong »

Roran

• Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #14: March 31, 2014, 06:43:26 PM »
Sir you are my hero. That gave me the idea of making some kind of GoT-esque Night Watch realm that'd try to keep one or two regions on the other continent under human control for RP reasons and that all realms would have to support them with some gold and food as taxes to keep 'humanity' safe.

If I get enough people to join me on that idea I might just do that.