Author Topic: OOC Insults Case Thread...  (Read 11617 times)

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
OOC Insults Case Thread...
« Topic Start: March 28, 2014, 12:21:57 PM »
Well, this is embarrassing...

I went to lock the thread, and apparently clicked the "Remove Thread" link ...

Anyway, the reason I went to lock the thread is this: The Magistrates have already disappeared. The only active Magistrate left is Chenier, and he's the defendant in that case. So none of these Magistrates cases are going anywhere.

Tom has already announced that the Magistrates system is being shut down. None of these cases are going to get resolved. The IG link to the Magistrates just needs to be removed.
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

Atanamir

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
Re: OOC Insults Case Thread...
« Reply #1: March 28, 2014, 12:38:28 PM »
The Titans can be closed too, they seem as well not to respond to reports.

I wonder what does this period of missing regulation mean for the game, I can already see the character count rising again - and the amount of multicheaters as well.

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #2: March 28, 2014, 01:01:09 PM »
No, the Titans will not be closed. I have been putting most of my development time the past couple of days into updating the Titan system so that it can have all the features the Magistrate system added, as well as its own functionality brought up to date. However, this will still take a little longer (maybe as much as another week).

Once the Titan code is properly up to date, I will consult with Tom on solving the real problem, which is the lack of active Titans. When that has been solved, I will post an announcement regarding the completion of the transition.

However, I'm now thinking that it might, indeed, be worthwhile to remove the Magistrate link and announce the beginning of the transition today, just so that we don't get more cases going into this black hole.
Timothy Collett

"The only thing you can't trade for your heart's desire...is your heart." "You are what you do.  Choose again, and change." "One of these days, someone's gonna plug you, and you're going to die saying, 'What did I say? What did I say?'"  ~ Miles Naismith Vorkosigan

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #3: March 28, 2014, 01:57:21 PM »
As Anaris says, we need to revitalize the Titans, and get them working properly again. We need some form of oversight to handle the violations that inevitably appear whenever you have such a directly confrontational PvP game as we do here.

It is unfortunate that most of our Magistrates have disappeared. Several of them would have made great Titans...

...the amount of multicheaters as well.
If this is true, I feel particularly bad about it. I was one of the most active at chasing down the multis, but I haven't had time in quite a while. I will add it to my schedule, and see if I can look into investigating. :(

Gustav Kuriga

« Reply #4: March 28, 2014, 05:13:12 PM »
I personally would be open to being Titan for FEI. I have no characters there and haven't been attached to any of the continent politics for a long, long time (at least half a year if not more).

Eirikr

« Reply #5: March 28, 2014, 05:18:02 PM »
It is unfortunate that most of our Magistrates have disappeared. Several of them would have made great Titans...

I suppose the next question to be asked is: How does one become a Titan?

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #6: March 28, 2014, 05:23:54 PM »
However, I'm now thinking that it might, indeed, be worthwhile to remove the Magistrate link and announce the beginning of the transition today, just so that we don't get more cases going into this black hole.

I have now done this.
Timothy Collett

"The only thing you can't trade for your heart's desire...is your heart." "You are what you do.  Choose again, and change." "One of these days, someone's gonna plug you, and you're going to die saying, 'What did I say? What did I say?'"  ~ Miles Naismith Vorkosigan

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #7: March 28, 2014, 05:25:05 PM »
I suppose the next question to be asked is: How does one become a Titan?

I'll need to discuss that with Tom and the rest of the dev team. I expect we'll have the details hashed out once the updated Titan code is fully in place, and I'll be able to announce the whole thing together.
Timothy Collett

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #8: March 28, 2014, 06:15:34 PM »
I personally would be open to being Titan for FEI. I have no characters there and haven't been attached to any of the continent politics for a long, long time (at least half a year if not more).
Titans are not island-specific. They have not been for a LONG time.

Thehatter

« Reply #9: March 28, 2014, 09:24:02 PM »
Moto, will offer his services as a god ..... I mean Titan.

Gustav Kuriga

« Reply #10: March 28, 2014, 10:30:15 PM »
Titans are not island-specific. They have not been for a LONG time.

Oh. I'm still remembering from when they were.

Vita`

• BM Dev Team
  • Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #11: March 28, 2014, 10:40:20 PM »
In the past, players have been asked to be titans rather than the opposite.

Thehatter

« Reply #12: March 28, 2014, 11:31:11 PM »
But Vita loves moto....right.

Miriam Ics

• Testers
  • Noble Lord
  • Myrnia (EC) Mattias Cat (BT) Luarin Ariana (DWI)
    • View Profile
« Reply #13: April 05, 2014, 05:03:42 PM »
I think the only way of this to work is to have some players to be invited to act as titan so no one will ever have chance to not be accepted, but instead, some chances to be invited.
"Resolve to serve no more, and you are at once freed. I do not ask that you place hands upon the tyrant to topple him over, but simply that you support him no longer; then you will behold him, like a great Colossus whose pedestal has been pulled away, fall of his own weight and break in pieces."

Buffalkill

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #14: April 06, 2014, 06:33:27 PM »
You could put it to a vote, maybe have some who are appointed and some that are elected.