Author Topic: Sigh...  (Read 23658 times)

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
Sigh...
« Topic Start: March 31, 2014, 05:04:25 AM »
Does anyone think that the EC has an exciting, dynamic political landscape? Honestly, I can't fathom why I ever wanted to be a ruler on EC again. This is the most boring landscape possible. Everyone know what side everyone else is on. And if you ask someone their opinion, you already know exactly what they're going to say. Everyone knows what the battle lines for the next war are going to be. There's no point in talking to anyone about it, because they all have their minds made up. There's no audience to play too, since there is no audience. Everyone is an actor reading from a publicly available script they refuse to change.

What the hell happened to the EC? It used to be my favorite island.  :(

I are disappoint.  :'(
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

Zakilevo

Re: Sigh...
« Reply #1: March 31, 2014, 05:52:28 AM »
What EC needs is a free-for-all system like war islands. Everyone at war with each other and no allies ;D

GoldPanda

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #2: March 31, 2014, 06:31:12 AM »
It could be worse. I was explaining to a returning player the current political situation on Atamara. Then I got confused and started contradicting myself. It's a giant mess right now.
------
qui audet vincit

Thehatter

« Reply #3: March 31, 2014, 07:51:38 AM »
Lol, yes it is and I will not make it an easy ride on that island. Moto is back.

Thehatter

« Reply #4: March 31, 2014, 07:52:22 AM »
Now I just have to find some dragons.

Stabbity

• Marketing
  • Mighty Duke
  • Formerly the Himoura Family. Currently ?????????
    • View Profile
« Reply #5: March 31, 2014, 09:56:26 AM »
Now I just have to find some dragons.

I'll sell you some dragon eggs. It'll cost you though.
Life is a dance, it is only fitting that death sing the tune.

Fleugs

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #6: March 31, 2014, 10:01:23 AM »
I share Indirik's sentiment. EC used to be my go-to continent, I loved it. I probably destroyed a big portion of my own fun I had there, but still, I gave it a shot. Turned out the continent was deadlocked into several camps. It would be better if a few realms would splinter into several new, opposed realms. Much like Lappallanch suggested.
Ardet nec consumitur.

Ketchum

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #7: March 31, 2014, 10:27:06 AM »
I thirded Indirik's statement. It used to be my favorite continent, I have heard about Northern Alliance, Central Alliance and Southern Alliance. Now it is just a big two camps, of which the following sentence best describes the scenario "if you are not with us, you are against us".
Werewolf Games: Villager (6) Wolf (4) Seer (3); Lynched as Villager(1). Lost as Villager(1), Lost as Wolf(1) due to Parity. Hunted as Villager(1). Lynched as Seer(2).
Won as Villager(3). Won as Seer(1). Won as Wolf(3).
BM Characters: East Continent(Brock), Colonies(Ash), Dwilight(Gary)

Atanamir

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #8: March 31, 2014, 10:34:13 AM »
I thirded Indirik's statement. It used to be my favorite continent, I have heard about Northern Alliance, Central Alliance and Southern Alliance. Now it is just a big two camps, of which the following sentence best describes the scenario "if you are not with us, you are against us".

You still have a choice though.

Atanamir

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #9: March 31, 2014, 10:41:07 AM »
Does anyone think that the EC has an exciting, dynamic political landscape? Honestly, I can't fathom why I ever wanted to be a ruler on EC again. This is the most boring landscape possible. Everyone know what side everyone else is on. And if you ask someone their opinion, you already know exactly what they're going to say. Everyone knows what the battle lines for the next war are going to be. There's no point in talking to anyone about it, because they all have their minds made up. There's no audience to play too, since there is no audience. Everyone is an actor reading from a publicly available script they refuse to change.

What the hell happened to the EC? It used to be my favorite island.  :(

I are disappoint.  :'(

If you think all of that, then why do you act IC as you do? :P
You could have had other options as well, I stated that about Eponllyn already some months ago in a thread here.
Don't ask which ones, I won't tell you how to play. :P
But don't go complaining about others only because you are inable to think outside of the box.
You think Atanamir is what he is because he accepted to read from a publically available script?
Or his father Fuinur? Hell, he once created even an alliance Perdan - Old Rancagua - Sirion...
But if you have thrown the towel already, then better make place for those who are more hungry to set a new mark.

Disturbedyang

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #10: March 31, 2014, 12:36:37 PM »
The problem is ruler of the bigger realm. I am not referring to this island, really, as i only started one character here recently. But a lot of other realms in other continents have these rulers that are so afraid their little toy get's destroyed if he plays the bad guy. I like what the previous ruler in Cathay did before he went rogue. And i like the King Outo of Ar Agyr how he fearlessly just oppose almost everyone(probably because we are covering their regions...hahah).

If the rulers are more willing to make it more fun for their people, then all these could have changed....

Vita`

• BM Dev Team
  • Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #11: March 31, 2014, 04:52:04 PM »
You still have a choice though.

You're hilarious.

Eduardo Almighty

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #12: March 31, 2014, 06:44:58 PM »
I created the Bloodspeakers in Melhed and accepted to be King there just to start a war. We lost, but that was the most active period in Melhed for years.

In EC, I can tell you, we don't have a Northern Alliance. But that will happen because of the Southern Alliance. If everyone in the south wants to fights North, the North will align to fight them... there is Nivemus/Caligus/Nivemus against the rest. But we are just waiting while they speak and do nothing. Besides that, It's very funny to see Atanamir' letters. Erik is living with a smile on his face in front of so much articulation and lies to convince a bunch of puppets.

I still think that instead of glaciers and monsters, a period of imposed war would be better. No allies, just fight for your flag against the world. Unhappily, probably we will see Sirion and Perdan devouring the continent before fight each other.
Now with the Skovgaard Family... and it's gone.
Serpentis again!

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13: March 31, 2014, 06:51:54 PM »
If you think all of that, then why do you act IC as you do? :P
Because it's the course of action my character would take. I know you don't understand this, though. That's OK.

You think Atanamir is what he is because he accepted to read from a publically available script?
Absolutely.

*Every* ruler on EC is playing a predetermined part that is 100% predictable. If you discount the migration of Eponllyn due to the ice (which was an OOC curveball that no one could have predicted, and didn't really change much anyway), then the situation as it stands now was 100% predictable as far back as 8 or 9 months, if not longer. Everyone knew that this is where we would end up. Atanamir's actions are perfectly predictable. We expected everything that has been played against us, and from exactly the people it came from. Fallangard was the final one to sign off on the script, but even that happened a good three or more months ago. I'm not exempting myself, even Eponllyn's part is playing out according to script. Given our place in the situation, there are just no other viable paths to follow.

EC has devolved into two camps, north vs south. No one on either side is willing to even entertain the possibility of switching sides, or standing up and staying independent.

What EC needs is a free-for-all system like war islands. Everyone at war with each other and no allies ;D
A balkanization of the island would be great. Perhaps as the player density goes up, it may happen. The low player count is what got us to where we are.
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #14: March 31, 2014, 07:08:23 PM »
The low player count is what got us to where we are.

Given the history of the EC, I have to say, I'm quite skeptical of this.

After all, this is, what, the third time the continent has had a perfect North vs South polarization? Or is it the fourth?
Timothy Collett

"The only thing you can't trade for your heart's desire...is your heart." "You are what you do.  Choose again, and change." "One of these days, someone's gonna plug you, and you're going to die saying, 'What did I say? What did I say?'"  ~ Miles Naismith Vorkosigan