Author Topic: April fool's event - Daimon!  (Read 11384 times)

Zakilevo

April fool's event - Daimon!
« Topic Start: March 31, 2014, 05:57:05 AM »
Damn it. I can't create it. Well I can but can't play it due to having too many characters already. What a shame :(

Velax

• Honourable King
  • House de Vere
    • View Profile
Re: April fool's event - Daimon!
« Reply #1: March 31, 2014, 06:26:29 AM »
I've created one. :D

Zakilevo

« Reply #2: March 31, 2014, 06:45:02 AM »
I've created one. :D

Can you do anything?

Velax

• Honourable King
  • House de Vere
    • View Profile
« Reply #3: March 31, 2014, 06:54:40 AM »
I did that Netherstep or whatever the teleportation ability is called, although it seems a bit random. Teleported me five regions in a random direction rather than where I wanted to go.

Poseidon

• Freeman
    • View Profile
« Reply #4: March 31, 2014, 06:59:54 AM »
Dont fall for it :)  All it seems to do is create an adventurer without any new options..

Velax

• Honourable King
  • House de Vere
    • View Profile
« Reply #5: March 31, 2014, 07:07:44 AM »
If you read the abilities screen, it says you start with no abilities but gain one each day. I created my daimon about five minutes before turn change, so gained Netherstep after that.

Penchant

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #6: March 31, 2014, 07:28:50 AM »
Well I just came really close to pausing one of my characters to go BS with a daimon for however long we would get to.
“The true soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but because he loves what is behind him.”
― G.K. Chesterton

flames

• Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #7: March 31, 2014, 10:20:59 AM »
I created one. Don't have abilities yet though.

Ketchum

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #8: March 31, 2014, 10:25:00 AM »
It is fun to become Daimon for once... But then I found I have reached my character limit and I cannot play Daimon unless I delete one of my existing active characters. There is no Play button for my active characters till I schedule my Daimon character for deletion, too bad :(
Werewolf Games: Villager (6) Wolf (4) Seer (3); Lynched as Villager(1). Lost as Villager(1), Lost as Wolf(1) due to Parity. Hunted as Villager(1). Lynched as Seer(2).
Won as Villager(3). Won as Seer(1). Won as Wolf(3).
BM Characters: East Continent(Brock), Colonies(Ash), Dwilight(Gary)

Faulcon_deLacy

• Freeman
    • View Profile
« Reply #9: March 31, 2014, 10:49:15 AM »
I can't help thinking it's a daft idea to create an april fool's joke on march 31st.  Because March 31st simply isn't April 1st so even if they reveal the joke then it has no validity to me.  An april fool's joke has to be done on April 1st or it simply doesn't count.  Not to mention having people pause other characters in order to create a daimon would be a frustrating exercise in futility that messes things up for a lot of realms if this isn't for real.

I really hope it isn't just a joke that leaves people with a bunch of adventurers because that's a sure fire way to aggravate people who paused otherwise useful characters, lost units, lost positions, for nothing.

Zakilevo

« Reply #10: March 31, 2014, 10:50:50 AM »
Well We've been getting jokes early for awhile. Like a day or two early. They usually end by the end of April 1st though.

Atanamir

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #11: March 31, 2014, 11:08:21 AM »
I really hope it isn't just a joke that leaves people with a bunch of adventurers because that's a sure fire way to aggravate people who paused otherwise useful characters, lost units, lost positions, for nothing.

+1, one realm I am in already lost a lord due to this.
I also had to pause one char, no warning at all that the fake daimon counts as normal char spot.
Seriously, after the glacier thing, raising the popularity of the game (and the dev team) surely does not work this way...

warwolf13

• Peasant
    • View Profile
« Reply #12: March 31, 2014, 11:58:05 AM »
If this is a joke, I will enjoy it while it lasts.
Wolves don't lose sleep over the opinion of sheep.

Poliorketes

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #13: March 31, 2014, 12:39:43 PM »
Honestly, I think this is a joke, but if it is real... Wonderful!!!

This game needs desperately anything who can make it more funny and varied... If this is real, it's a step in the right direction. If not, I hope they make it real.  ;D

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #14: March 31, 2014, 02:00:54 PM »
Moved this topic to a private board temporarily, so that we don't just spoil absolutely everyone on the forum.

C'mon, guys. It's April Fools. Give other people a chance to experience it, don't ruin it for everyone just to prove that you were smart enough to figure it out.
Timothy Collett

"The only thing you can't trade for your heart's desire...is your heart." "You are what you do.  Choose again, and change." "One of these days, someone's gonna plug you, and you're going to die saying, 'What did I say? What did I say?'"  ~ Miles Naismith Vorkosigan