Author Topic: April fool's event - Daimon!  (Read 11379 times)

Eirikr

Re: April fool's event - Daimon!
« Reply #30: April 02, 2014, 07:51:23 PM »
And we've done this before, playing with the date a bit because everyone expects an April Fools on april 1st.

And soon, nobody will... Muhuhahahahahaha!

Sonya

• Mighty Duke
  • Traveling to a new world!
    • View Profile
« Reply #31: April 02, 2014, 09:14:29 PM »
Listen to this while reading: Click

WIll make it simple:

I hate Tom!

Not everyone is focussed on the date, when i saw that Daimon character and the abilities, i spend a whole afternoon looking for a suitable name, reading some background history about medieval daimons, etc. etc. and how i will develop my character.

I saw when i logged i saw i was an adventurer, i told myself "is ok is just an undercover class" but then i waited for next day to see my new powers..........

You guys should not do this, You have ruined my Childhood! (well i think)

ps:i hate you guys!

Tom

• BM Dev Team
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
    • BattleMaster
« Reply #32: April 02, 2014, 10:00:29 PM »
Not everyone is focussed on the date,

Good! Otherwise we wouldn't have anyone to fool left. :-)

It's a BattleMaster tradition. With hundreds of players, there is always someone who finds this years joke distasteful, it's part of the game. It's really hard to make something that makes everyone, from around the globe, all the different cultures, etc. happy.

Miriam Ics

• Testers
  • Noble Lord
  • Myrnia (EC) Mattias Cat (BT) Luarin Ariana (DWI)
    • View Profile
« Reply #33: April 02, 2014, 10:44:44 PM »
I love the BM april fools.
"Resolve to serve no more, and you are at once freed. I do not ask that you place hands upon the tyrant to topple him over, but simply that you support him no longer; then you will behold him, like a great Colossus whose pedestal has been pulled away, fall of his own weight and break in pieces."

Augulus

• Freeman
    • View Profile
« Reply #34: April 03, 2014, 03:53:11 AM »
I feel robbed of this prank! D:

It was spoiled for everyone in one of my realms...

Fleugs

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #35: April 03, 2014, 11:38:00 AM »
It's been a while since I fell for an April 1st BM-joke, but this one totally got me. Even when I was aware it was April 1st, I just wanted it to be real.  ;)
Ardet nec consumitur.

jaune

• Mighty Duke
  • Suck my socks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #36: April 03, 2014, 12:02:48 PM »
Listen to this while reading: Click

WIll make it simple:

I hate Tom!

Not everyone is focussed on the date, when i saw that Daimon character and the abilities, i spend a whole afternoon looking for a suitable name, reading some background history about medieval daimons, etc. etc. and how i will develop my character.

I saw when i logged i saw i was an adventurer, i told myself "is ok is just an undercover class" but then i waited for next day to see my new powers..........

You guys should not do this, You have ruined my Childhood! (well i think)

ps:i hate you guys!

:D I think you should keep playing and play like you think you are undercover daimon! Plot to take over the world and enslave these useless humans under your control!
~Violence is always an option!~

mikm

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #37: April 04, 2014, 08:33:27 PM »
I really wanted it to be real, like our government handing us a new gas tax on April fools. It was no joke.

m2rt

• Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #38: April 11, 2014, 07:15:12 AM »
It's been a while since I fell for an April 1st BM-joke, but this one totally got me. Even when I was aware it was April 1st, I just wanted it to be real.  ;)

Same here. I wanted it so badly.... :P

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #39: April 11, 2014, 02:48:17 PM »
I thought it was a bug/accident. Reminded me of the early Dwilight days when a lot of info on the daimons were unintentionally available.
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron