Author Topic: Releasing from Prison  (Read 3219 times)

OFaolain

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
Releasing from Prison
« Topic Start: April 01, 2014, 02:13:23 AM »
So, my character is a Judge and has a character in his dungeon; where would they go if I set them free?
MacGeil Family: Cathan (Corsanctum)
Formerly the O'Faolain, then Nisbet families

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
Re: Releasing from Prison
« Reply #1: April 01, 2014, 02:14:45 AM »
Home.
Timothy Collett

"The only thing you can't trade for your heart's desire...is your heart." "You are what you do.  Choose again, and change." "One of these days, someone's gonna plug you, and you're going to die saying, 'What did I say? What did I say?'"  ~ Miles Naismith Vorkosigan

OFaolain

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #2: April 01, 2014, 02:18:38 AM »
Home.

A random region in their home realm, their home realm's capital (if so, what if they have no capital?), the region the character was created in?  This is in specific reference to an adventurer character that found their way into my character's dungeon.

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3: April 01, 2014, 05:50:11 AM »
If they have a unit, they will return to it. If not, they will return to their capital. Realms always have a capital, even if it is currently not in their possession.
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

Buffalkill

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #4: April 01, 2014, 02:00:14 PM »
Every time that I've been in prison, I was returned to the capital and my unit was gone. I also lost control of my regions. I know this doesn't answer the question, but if the char is supposed to return his unit, my experience is that this doesn't happen.

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #5: April 01, 2014, 02:15:02 PM »
Every time that I've been in prison, I was returned to the capital and my unit was gone. I also lost control of my regions. I know this doesn't answer the question, but if the char is supposed to return his unit, my experience is that this doesn't happen.

Then you must have been pretty unlucky, because that's most usually what does happen.

There are, however, any number of ways your unit can be lost while you are in prison. The simplest is that you can't pay them for 7 days, so they desert you.
Timothy Collett

"The only thing you can't trade for your heart's desire...is your heart." "You are what you do.  Choose again, and change." "One of these days, someone's gonna plug you, and you're going to die saying, 'What did I say? What did I say?'"  ~ Miles Naismith Vorkosigan

Buffalkill

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #6: April 01, 2014, 02:18:51 PM »
In my case it wasn't 7 days without payment. Even when I paid my way out of prison on the first day, the same thing happened. I posted something on forum once, but I don't remember if I got any concrete answer.

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #7: April 01, 2014, 02:57:58 PM »
FWIW - There has at times been a bug where you didn't go back to your unit, but to the capital. Then your unit would teleport to you the next time the cleanup script ran. I encountered this a few months ago myself.

Buffalkill

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #8: April 01, 2014, 03:17:52 PM »
I think that was the explanation I got when I posted in the forum, but in my case I waited a few days and my unit never came back.

OFaolain

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #9: April 01, 2014, 03:29:51 PM »
If they have a unit, they will return to it. If not, they will return to their capital. Realms always have a capital, even if it is currently not in their possession.

Thanks Indirik.

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #10: April 01, 2014, 06:04:57 PM »
I think that was the explanation I got when I posted in the forum, but in my case I waited a few days and my unit never came back.
If your status bar shows that you have no unit, then you have no unit. They will not just reappear. In my case, I still had a unit listed, it just wasn't in the region with me. I was listed on the regions status page of our capital in the Nobles Without A Unit section. However, a scout report of our enemy's capital, where I had been prior to being captured, showed my unit as being there, with the commander listed as "(not present)". A few hours later my unit was magically with me in the capital, after the cleanup script ran.