Author Topic: Calling up citizen militia  (Read 2233 times)

OFaolain

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
Calling up citizen militia
« Topic Start: April 02, 2014, 12:25:40 AM »
Sorry to have so many questions but now that my character is suddenly a Ruler and Judge I have a lot of buttons to push and don't know precisely what they all do.  The "call out the citizen militia" option; will a population/loyalty-sized contingent of peasant militia appear in all of my regions?  That's what the option seems to indicate but I'd like to make sure.
MacGeil Family: Cathan (Corsanctum)
Formerly the O'Faolain, then Nisbet families

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
Re: Calling up citizen militia
« Reply #1: April 02, 2014, 06:36:02 PM »
If you need a large meat shield to soak up hits while the real soldiers try to do some damage in a life-or-death situation, then go for it. If you are expecting the citizen militia to be a real military force, then you are in for a rude awakening.

I've seen the option used once or twice. Every time, it's been a disaster. A good way to depopulate your own regions, though...
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

OFaolain

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #2: April 02, 2014, 11:37:11 PM »
If you need a large meat shield to soak up hits while the real soldiers try to do some damage in a life-or-death situation, then go for it. If you are expecting the citizen militia to be a real military force, then you are in for a rude awakening.

I've seen the option used once or twice. Every time, it's been a disaster. A good way to depopulate your own regions, though...

I assumed it would be basically weak units that would pop up everywhere (it was); got fewer than I was expecting in the city despite high realm sympathy but it is what it is.  Can they be reassigned by the General like regular militia?

Also, what affect does combat actually have on ability to conduct takeover actions?

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #3: April 03, 2014, 05:00:09 AM »
I don't think you can reassign them. I may be wrong on that.

If the realm running the to losess a battle in the region, the to is broken.

Disturbedyang

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #4: April 08, 2014, 08:36:53 PM »
I have never seen this option before. How and where does it come up?

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #5: April 08, 2014, 11:32:38 PM »
Rulers of certain types of realm get the option in certain circumstances. I don't remember the exact criteria.

OFaolain

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #6: April 09, 2014, 02:35:39 AM »
Rulers of certain types of realm get the option in certain circumstances. I don't remember the exact criteria.

I got it when my capital (realm is a theocracy) was in the process of being taken over; description made it sound like it only appears if you are well and truly boned, but maybe you have allies coming in or you just want to give the enemy the finger.

loren

• Noble Lord
  • I'm too old for this
    • View Profile
« Reply #7: April 14, 2014, 07:03:53 PM »
The only time I used it was when Hasland was being destroyed. It actually worked then. I was able to hold them off for a whole week with a handful of knights and the large units it provided. Unless you have help on the way or they went straight for the capital you're going to be in a world of hurt.