Author Topic: Elder Scrolls Online  (Read 2963 times)

Ulfang

• Freeman
    • View Profile
Elder Scrolls Online
« Topic Start: April 05, 2014, 11:07:27 AM »
Anyone playing it? I've played since the beta and although it's isn't making any great strides forward in MMO gaming the idea of being able to wander Tamriel is still exciting for me. The game was released on Friday. I pre ordered so have been playing since early access.

Ulfang

• Freeman
    • View Profile
Re: Elder Scrolls Online
« Reply #1: April 05, 2014, 11:09:08 AM »
I believe they did separate the North American and European servers though so I'm on the EU server.

Tom

• BM Dev Team
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
    • BattleMaster
« Reply #2: April 05, 2014, 05:11:57 PM »
Didn't know it's out. I love all the Elder Scrolls games to death. I'm interested, but gosh is it expensive. I don't play enough anymore or at least not regularily to justify that.

Eirikr

« Reply #3: April 13, 2014, 08:04:15 AM »
I'm on the NA server. It's definitely an MMO with TES wrapping, but I do like the combat system. It's nice having to block, interrupt, and dodge physically rather than the RNG like WoW. Feels like it actually requires more skill than pushing buttons in the right order.

Ulfang

• Freeman
    • View Profile
« Reply #4: April 17, 2014, 03:43:55 AM »
I'm on the NA server. It's definitely an MMO with TES wrapping, but I do like the combat system. It's nice having to block, interrupt, and dodge physically rather than the RNG like WoW. Feels like it actually requires more skill than pushing buttons in the right order.

It is expensive Tom by todays standards of MMO's. Many are free of course but I find the free ones to have poor communities. LOTRO was always a favourite of mine until it became free and went downhill. From the community I've experienced so far in the game I'm more than happy with it. It does have that Elder Scrolls feel to it. The atmosphere is just right but it isn't as good as the single player games. It does feel like an MMO and therefore generic. I'm an explorer. I'm not interested in raiding and take my time with MMO's. I like to solo a lot and you can do that comfortably in ESO. I hope they don't make it F2P and let all the kids in ;)