Author Topic: Ice is Nice  (Read 13210 times)

Graeth

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
Re: Ice is Nice
« Reply #15: April 08, 2014, 05:19:34 AM »
Things may have been boring in Morek (which i believe had an abysmal 1:1 noble to region ratio), but Barca and Asylon were densely populated, very active realms. Barca was the most densely populated realm on the entire continent. We have been losing characters ourselves because of this. Congrats on destroying the most well populated realms. congrats

I've kept from this because there is not much use in whining about what has happened.  However, if others are going to say something, I feel I should as well. 

This is the same in Asylon.  We pulled in a large amount of new nobles, and before these events were able to also retain most all of them.  Much more than any other realm I've been a part of in the game since 2007.  The fact that those in charge chose to destroy the realms that were actually benefiting the longevity of the game (and coincidentally, had the least presence of those making OOC decisions) runs completely contrary to the rhetoric given for these events.  I've never seen as much realm activity as I have in my time in Asylon, and now we've lost quite a few due to recent events.  Also I thought the entire point of Dwilight was to have an island with less player density?  I thought it was never supposed to be full enough so that all regions were accounted for, and yet we nearly reached that.

I'm sure the cuts were done quite arbitrarily, but taking out the active realms for the stagnant, dev/magistrate run realms does little to further this image.

Edit: I understand those involved in these decisions and implementations dedicate a certain amount of their lives towards this game and expect little back.  However, since the beginning,  Asylon and those in charge of it have proactively dedicated much time towards creating an environment which fosters player activity and holds player retention.  We achieved both of these...by playing with the rules.  I think we are entitled to a certain amount of dissension when measures outside of these rules are undertaken in the name of the things we accomplished, while simultaneously destroying it all.
« Last Edit: April 08, 2014, 05:49:14 AM by Graeth »
Geg Family: Elshon (Bel)