Author Topic: Number of Players Lost Since Glacier?  (Read 106454 times)

bofeng

• Knight
    • View Profile
Re: Number of Players Lost Since Glacier?
« Topic Start: April 09, 2014, 08:19:56 PM »
I agree some transparency could bring more trust between development team and the average players.

I believe development team are made of hardcore players who will guard the common interests of most players in making it attractive, balanced, fun in their best efforts. However, it happens that they are also players and have their own interests within the game. Consider the close result for many elections. If the development team were also voting on the south or north poll without prior knowledge, they probably will vote for their side, and the result would be different. Given the result of the decision is so devastating for many affected realms, such lack of transparency raises mistrust and may make some disappointed players leave.

Second, the changes are for the purpose of addressing a long term problem, which was identified as the player density problem. Yet the solution is a very rash one, that within one month, many lands have to be destroyed. Keep in mind a character can only move two regions every day. The monsters or the iceberg is almost moving as fast as the fastest character? Long term problems should be addressed with a more considerate plan. If the player density problem is not driving the players away, why should we hurry up with a plan to destroy lands and cripple realms in such a rush? Will these changes attract immediate attention for the game? Highly unlikely. It gives many players the feeling that God should not be punishing them so hard. This bitter feeling only ends at driving some players away instead of keeping them engaged. Luckily my character is on the eastern side of the Dwilight world, but honestly I feel confused what actions of those western realms have brought them into such punishment of rampaging monsters on their lands? Is it just because they decided to settle down in the newer part of the continent? Why can’t God gradually take their lands, giving them more time to invade the eastern world? Is it because the eastern world is favored by God? Most people have to think so. :-\

Going forward, I am sure development team will take best care of the game world as they can. But all these critical decisions are made within a small circle, yet affecting so many players. Please keep in mind some involvement from average players may not be necessarily a bad thing. Transparency may be the best way to deal with mistrust and conflict of interests.