Author Topic: Number of Players Lost Since Glacier?  (Read 106570 times)

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
Re: Number of Players Lost Since Glacier?
« Topic Start: April 09, 2014, 08:57:03 PM »
I feel that the more considerate plan would have been just closing an island. We all were expecting that, as it had been talked over before. This glacier/monster event was never talked about beforehand. We didn't have time to prepare for it, and it affects one set of people on a continent more than another, creating OOC tensions that need not be there.

Yes, and I'd heard a great deal of that talk. A lot of people were saying, "Well, if X island gets closed down, I'll just leave the game."

And closing an island affects one set of people more than another, too: they just happen to be people on this continent vs that continent.

In any case, we've been over this ground before, many times. We're just going to have to agree to disagree, because I'm still 100% convinced that this is a better option than closing a continent outright.
Timothy Collett

"The only thing you can't trade for your heart's desire...is your heart." "You are what you do.  Choose again, and change." "One of these days, someone's gonna plug you, and you're going to die saying, 'What did I say? What did I say?'"  ~ Miles Naismith Vorkosigan