Author Topic: Number of Players Lost Since Glacier?  (Read 106658 times)

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
Re: Number of Players Lost Since Glacier?
« Reply #120: April 16, 2014, 07:56:13 PM »
Defeated defenders will not get access to the walls, TO or otherwise. At least not in the following round, if I understood the battles in Fheuvenem correctly. However, there are some things which can trigger a new battle with the defenders behind the walls. I don't recall which, but a takeover prevents this from ever happening. A takeover also takes away a lot of options from the defenders.

Also, I'd like to say that I strongly disagree with the people accusing those discontent of caring only for their titles. Since when have titles been hard to come by? Years, at least. It is not uncommon for newbies with but a few months under their belts, sometimes not even one, to get elected to lordships and government positions. We just don't really have many people running for most positions in most places anymore. Of course, this varies greatly from realm to realm, but it remains that in many, if not most, promotions are incredibly easy. Losing one's realm is not about losing one's titles, it's about losing one's team. The culture of the realm is lost, and that culture has a lot to do with how fun a realm is. Even in the best cases where a realm is immediately refounded after being destroyed, it always seems like part of what was had is lost. And while the motives of the GMs is understandable, it's also understandable for those targeted feel it unjust.
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron