Author Topic: Number of Players Lost Since Glacier?  (Read 104892 times)

Stue (DC)

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
Re: Number of Players Lost Since Glacier?
« Reply #75: April 13, 2014, 03:50:13 PM »
in my current post there is no word that points dev team, i'm just mentioning what i can see on casual visits to forum, it has been long-spread thesis on forum players like "the most valuable" players, i don't know who initiated it and who supports it, but it certainly affects those who hang on forums, one way or another, more or less.

i don't know why would it be so troublesome to put some voting polls at login page, before login, where news are posted?

the same way, i don't know why in-game mentors are disbanded so the only way for new players to learn about game in methodical way is through forums, so new player must stick to forums if they want to pass through basic learnings.

it's significant to see that no any new player asks about glacier, how that's possible, one would expect that at least some of them would be surprised.

Gustav Kuriga

« Reply #76: April 13, 2014, 04:10:45 PM »
it's significant to see that no any new player asks about glacier, how that's possible, one would expect that at least some of them would be surprised.

Oh believe me, there are plenty of new players on Dwilight who are asking many, many questions about the event. You just choose to ignore that as it doesn't fit your personal opinions.

OFaolain

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #77: April 13, 2014, 04:22:40 PM »
Oh believe me, there are plenty of new players on Dwilight who are asking many, many questions about the event. You just choose to ignore that as it doesn't fit your personal opinions.
Or perhaps he simply isn't seeing them.
MacGeil Family: Cathan (Corsanctum)
Formerly the O'Faolain, then Nisbet families

Dishman

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #78: April 13, 2014, 05:20:57 PM »
Or perhaps he simply isn't seeing them.

I think we forget that all our characters live in little bubbles. There can be vast differences in the demeanor of realms that border each other, as well as the player-base that are attracted there.

in my current post there is no word that points dev team, i'm just mentioning what i can see on casual visits to forum, it has been long-spread thesis on forum players like "the most valuable" players, i don't know who initiated it and who supports it, but it certainly affects those who hang on forums, one way or another, more or less.

I've always enjoyed the forum for discussing things OOC, as well as posting IC stuff so more than 10 people see it. I don't think anything make the players who post here 'more valuable', though. We don't actually play battlemaster here, we talk about playing.
Eoric the Dim (Perdan), Enoch the Bright (Asylon), Emeric the Dark (Obsidian Islands)

Orobos, The Insatiable Snake (Sandalak)

Gustav Kuriga

« Reply #79: April 13, 2014, 05:33:47 PM »
Welp, we just lost another player in Barca.

trying

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #80: April 13, 2014, 08:14:09 PM »
Maybe you're losing players because you're perpetuating that negative attitude.

Lychaon

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #81: April 13, 2014, 08:38:57 PM »
The negative attitude is not shared IG by anyone but those who decide to leave. Those determined to keep playing and carving a new realm don't leave either their realm or the game.

Honestly, wasn't enough to screw the whole western island in Dwilight up? I understand the idea of popping some monsters in the eastern island to keep the realms there busy. But sending tons of monsters eastwards from the devastated west is about to just erase any possibility for many of us to have a chance to get new lands. Or at least in Barca. Which is the purpose for that?

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #82: April 13, 2014, 09:44:25 PM »
The negative attitude is not shared IG by anyone but those who decide to leave. Those determined to keep playing and carving a new realm don't leave either their realm or the game.

Honestly, wasn't enough to screw the whole western island in Dwilight up? I understand the idea of popping some monsters in the eastern island to keep the realms there busy. But sending tons of monsters eastwards from the devastated west is about to just erase any possibility for many of us to have a chance to get new lands. Or at least in Barca. Which is the purpose for that?

It has been nearly a month and a half since the initial announcement that the west of Dwilight would be cleansed. Yes, there were some unfortunate hiccups along the way that made things a little harder, but I think that amount of time should still be enough for everyone in the west to have made their plans and gotten a ways along in implementing them.

I don't know what people expected; did you think that the west would just be left there for you to use for as long as you needed it?
Timothy Collett

"The only thing you can't trade for your heart's desire...is your heart." "You are what you do.  Choose again, and change." "One of these days, someone's gonna plug you, and you're going to die saying, 'What did I say? What did I say?'"  ~ Miles Naismith Vorkosigan

Gustav Kuriga

« Reply #83: April 14, 2014, 06:49:19 AM »
No, we thought that the monsters wouldn't be swarming back east all over the island, preventing anyone who might want to help us from doing anything. For goodness sake, Fissoa isn't even on that !@#$ing island.

Zakilevo

« Reply #84: April 14, 2014, 06:56:13 AM »
Barca is losing players because of its incompetent leadership.

They planned this poorly. They started off with 31k CS and half of it disappeared by the time they arrived in Luria. Instead of crushing Fissona and taking the islands, they decided to take the hard way which led to nothing. Poor coordination from their allies didn't help either.

They should have abandoned their 'let's play nice' police and should have smashed Fissona or D'Hara withe everything they got. They would have had Barca II by now.

Lychaon

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #85: April 14, 2014, 09:47:19 AM »
Of course Barcan command could have done things better, but it's normal to make mistakes when some of them maybe faced the first invasion operation. As you say we could have stabbed in the back our allies, but yes, we're supposed to be lawful. And with no ally support in the east, would have Luria and their Asylonian pals received our new realm with wide open arms?

What really bothers me is that we haven't seen any ally on this until our troops have been butchered. And if that has nothing to do with the monster uprisings, then I'd say that is incompetent leadership.

Tom

• BM Dev Team
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
    • BattleMaster
« Reply #86: April 14, 2014, 11:46:19 AM »
the same way, i don't know why in-game mentors are disbanded

They didn't work very well, especially with the dropping player count.

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #87: April 14, 2014, 02:10:10 PM »
No, we thought that the monsters wouldn't be swarming back east all over the island, preventing anyone who might want to help us from doing anything. For goodness sake, Fissoa isn't even on that !@#$ing island.

I'm not sure just what you mean here.

Have you paid attention to just where the monsters are swarming at present? Because not a single one that ran west has left the western subcontinent. Y'know, the place that we clearly stated would be depopulated.
Timothy Collett

"The only thing you can't trade for your heart's desire...is your heart." "You are what you do.  Choose again, and change." "One of these days, someone's gonna plug you, and you're going to die saying, 'What did I say? What did I say?'"  ~ Miles Naismith Vorkosigan

Zakilevo

« Reply #88: April 14, 2014, 05:54:20 PM »
Of course Barcan command could have done things better, but it's normal to make mistakes when some of them maybe faced the first invasion operation. As you say we could have stabbed in the back our allies, but yes, we're supposed to be lawful. And with no ally support in the east, would have Luria and their Asylonian pals received our new realm with wide open arms?

What really bothers me is that we haven't seen any ally on this until our troops have been butchered. And if that has nothing to do with the monster uprisings, then I'd say that is incompetent leadership.

Asylonians went for Corsanctum. Why would they care about you guys attacking Fissona? Lurians were too busy getting owned by monsters and starvation. Barca's incompetent leadership brought this whole failure on themselves. They obviously lacked goals and plans for their little campaign. You don't attack a realm that large without any insurance which Barca thought they had. Why would Barca's allies even help Barca when they could just wait for Barca's armies to get wiped out and absorb their nobles as their own?

Stabbity

• Marketing
  • Mighty Duke
  • Formerly the Himoura Family. Currently ?????????
    • View Profile
« Reply #89: April 14, 2014, 06:42:14 PM »
Given the track record of Barca's allies, I wouldn't be surprised if this is exactly what they're doing. If so, bravo. Devilishly underhanded. I approve.
Life is a dance, it is only fitting that death sing the tune.