Author Topic: Number of Players Lost Since Glacier?  (Read 105836 times)

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
Re: Number of Players Lost Since Glacier?
« Reply #90: April 14, 2014, 07:07:20 PM »
Asylonians went for Corsanctum. Why would they care about you guys attacking Fissona? Lurians were too busy getting owned by monsters and starvation. Barca's incompetent leadership brought this whole failure on themselves. They obviously lacked goals and plans for their little campaign. You don't attack a realm that large without any insurance which Barca thought they had. Why would Barca's allies even help Barca when they could just wait for Barca's armies to get wiped out and absorb their nobles as their own?

Both Fissoa and D'Hara were overrun with rogues. Not to mention the huge monster force that was waiting out in the desert, blocking out the land path East. The monster forces on the Madinian isle were ridiculous, too.

Everyone was too busy getting owned by monsters and starvation. The same monsters plaguing Luria were also standing in the way of Barcan forces and of allied reinforcements.
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

Zakilevo

« Reply #91: April 14, 2014, 07:25:20 PM »
And Barcans thought their allies could help. See? More signs of incompetent leadership. They didn't even know their allies were in no shape to help them.

Lychaon

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #92: April 14, 2014, 07:58:11 PM »
And Barcans thought their allies could help. See? More signs of incompetent leadership. They didn't even know their allies were in no shape to help them.

I hope Lurian leaders won't disappoint you that bad, it almost looks as if Barcan "incompetent leadership" has forced you to join our enemy.

Moreover, what else could have been done? If we delayed the departure from Barca, monsters there and wearing would have diminished our forces. We thought our allies would have been ready for our arrival, but it's clear now they weren't.

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #93: April 14, 2014, 08:15:12 PM »

Same kind of incompetence that led Luria to implode on itself, I guess.
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #94: April 14, 2014, 08:16:44 PM »
Same kind of incompetence that led Luria to implode on itself, I guess.

Several times! ;D
Timothy Collett

"The only thing you can't trade for your heart's desire...is your heart." "You are what you do.  Choose again, and change." "One of these days, someone's gonna plug you, and you're going to die saying, 'What did I say? What did I say?'"  ~ Miles Naismith Vorkosigan

D`Este

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #95: April 14, 2014, 09:06:00 PM »
I think the problem with Luria was more the ambition of it's nobles and the will to do something rather than incompetence.

Zakilevo

« Reply #96: April 14, 2014, 09:12:34 PM »
I only joined Luria to avoid rogues. It is nice to get a free pass through Luria :)

I am on my way to Swordfell. If you want you can join me Lychaon >:D

Wolfang

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #97: April 14, 2014, 11:34:55 PM »
Asylonians went for Corsanctum. Why would they care about you guys attacking Fissona? Lurians were too busy getting owned by monsters and starvation. Barca's incompetent leadership brought this whole failure on themselves. They obviously lacked goals and plans for their little campaign. You don't attack a realm that large without any insurance which Barca thought they had. Why would Barca's allies even help Barca when they could just wait for Barca's armies to get wiped out and absorb their nobles as their own?
'S what my char's been preaching since the very beginning (when we were still in the motherland) yet few listened. To be honest I just blame our allies, our leadership made errors, such as not knowing that doing a takeover stopped the enemies from using fortifications, but these are the things that newer players don't know and is simply gamey, and the other mistake of relying on our allies. We waited for ages in Barca and then in Fissoa and then pillaged half of Luria and still no help came. Seems like our leadership just thought 'well !@#$ that let's have a big last battle then', by which time only 1 allied noble had reached us, one. Let's be honest, even 'Barcan incompetent leadership' at least managed to march 70% of the nobles from one region to another in cohesion, not in tiny trickles of twos and threes.

We could've completely crushed Luria if we had received even the slightest of help. edit: before we were destroyed
« Last Edit: April 14, 2014, 11:37:51 PM by Wolfang »

Zakilevo

« Reply #98: April 14, 2014, 11:41:29 PM »
think it was a good lesson for newer players. But Galvez isn't new!

Isn't Barca's general a new guy as well?

I had my fair share of defeats and failures. But if you stay long enough, you learn enough to win more :)

Wolfang

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #99: April 14, 2014, 11:57:07 PM »
Yes, I'm happy to have learned that, and have looked through your guide on the wiki, yet this seems an extremely important piece of information which is certainly not 'obvious'.

Zakilevo

« Reply #100: April 15, 2014, 12:06:31 AM »
oh my guide. I haven't had time to put everything. I should have time to update it after my exams :o

I learned it the hard way and it seems Barca is too.

Wolfsong

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
    • FutureMUD
« Reply #101: April 15, 2014, 02:17:00 AM »
Ironically, the Southern League had assembled (Fissoa, at least) a large force with the express purpose of invading Luria Nova before the whole monsters thing happened... And then, conveniently for Luria Nova, so many rogue forces popped up on the Madinan Isle, and all across Fissoa, that our army was whittled back down to nothing and overextended trying to defend against 10-20k of CS of monsters in single regions, each turn, every turn. On top of that, Barca was decimated. After that, every time Fissoa pledged to defend Barca, another 25k CS of monsters would crop up somewhere, making it absolutely impossible to even think about moving offensively into Luria Nova... and then when we finally do pledge a force to go help them no matter what, over 40k CS of monsters rolls into Candiels.

Gustav Kuriga

« Reply #102: April 15, 2014, 02:50:47 AM »
Ironically, the Southern League had assembled (Fissoa, at least) a large force with the express purpose of invading Luria Nova before the whole monsters thing happened... And then, conveniently for Luria Nova, so many rogue forces popped up on the Madinan Isle, and all across Fissoa, that our army was whittled back down to nothing and overextended trying to defend against 10-20k of CS of monsters in single regions, each turn, every turn. On top of that, Barca was decimated. After that, every time Fissoa pledged to defend Barca, another 25k CS of monsters would crop up somewhere, making it absolutely impossible to even think about moving offensively into Luria Nova... and then when we finally do pledge a force to go help them no matter what, over 40k CS of monsters rolls into Candiels.

Yep. Bull!@#$ like this really ruins it for me. I'm pausing my character and putting my account on hiatus.

Zakilevo

« Reply #103: April 15, 2014, 02:52:03 AM »
Yep. Bull!@#$ like this really ruins it for me. I'm pausing my character and putting my account on hiatus.

Again?  :o

Penchant

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #104: April 15, 2014, 04:58:54 AM »
'S what my char's been preaching since the very beginning (when we were still in the motherland) yet few listened. To be honest I just blame our allies, our leadership made errors, such as not knowing that doing a takeover stopped the enemies from using fortifications, but these are the things that newer players don't know and is simply gamey, and the other mistake of relying on our allies. We waited for ages in Barca and then in Fissoa and then pillaged half of Luria and still no help came. Seems like our leadership just thought 'well !@#$ that let's have a big last battle then', by which time only 1 allied noble had reached us, one. Let's be honest, even 'Barcan incompetent leadership' at least managed to march 70% of the nobles from one region to another in cohesion, not in tiny trickles of twos and threes.

We could've completely crushed Luria if we had received even the slightest of help. edit: before we were destroyed

Well obviously Barca sucks. Their nobles have no loyalty, no trust in their allies, and don't like to communicate but then complain that their allies didn't magically arrive right when Barca did.
“The true soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but because he loves what is behind him.”
― G.K. Chesterton